sexual health

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
jerem
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 7th, 1915

sexual health

Postby jerem » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:38 am

just would like to know if you had any advice in getting sexual health (sti's etc) checked
im about 5 months away from nuptials and thinking i should go and get bloods taken etc.
anything else?

thanks
Jerem

neilethere
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 18th, 2000
Location: The land down under ...... where women glow and men ppplllllunder

Re: sexual health

Postby neilethere » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:54 am

Why are you concerned about STI's Jerem?

jerem
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 7th, 1915

Postby jerem » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:08 am

only thought it was a done thing prior to being married. . .

AlpacaMan
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 17th, 2009

Postby AlpacaMan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:37 pm

It's possible your state requires blood tests of some sort, and if that is the case of course you must comply with that requirement. Otherwise, if you are a virgin and have no other sexual experience (e.g., OS, AS), I don't see any reason you should concern yourself with with STDs. IIRC from another thread of yours, your bride is not a virgin; if that is the case, it would probably be wise for her to be tested just to make sure nothing's going on.

FWIW, DW and I were both virgins when we married, and neither of us had any testing done related to the wedding. The Army tests me periodically for HIV, so I knew I was clean on that (not that I had any reason to question it anyway).

CubbieChuck
Double

Postby CubbieChuck » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:50 am

Yes it's very appropriate and sometimes required by law for each of you to get a full physical exam. Even if STI's are not an issue or concern, you both should get basic lab work done. Here's the deal, before either of you take a vow before God "in sickness and in health, till death do you part," it's wise to start with a clean bill of health. And if their are any issues (High blood pressure, erratic heart beat, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, etc) it's good to put those cards on the table, even though they might not be deal breakers. My cousin found out his fiancé had an issue with manic depression, and after prayer decided that he didn't feel comfortable making that lifelong commitment any more. But either way, it's good to go into marriage with eyes wide open health wise for both of you.

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”