November 22!! What lubrication should I bring?

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
Galatians220man
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 22nd, 2014

Postby Galatians220man » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi all,

Hard to believe, but November 22 is the big day! By the grace of God, it will be our first time, and we will be going from just kissing to the whole thing.

Anyway, I want to make sure I have the necessary "supplies." I grabbed some Astroglide and two different types of KY. What else should I bring?

TilWeHaveFaces
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 8th, 1999
Location: St. Anne's-on-the-hill, standing outside the garden gate.

Re: November 22!! What lubrication should I bring?

Postby TilWeHaveFaces » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Galatians220man wrote:Hi all,

Hard to believe, but November 22 is the big day! By the grace of God, it will be our first time, and we will be going from just kissing to the whole thing.

Anyway, I want to make sure I have the necessary "supplies." I grabbed some Astroglide and two different types of KY. What else should I bring?

Uh, you're way more prepared than I ever was. Overprepared, really. We had zip. By day two we had shuffled, red-faced, into a London Boots store and walked out with a tube of KY.

Anyway, many board denizens wax lyrical on the properties of coconut oil.

TheTigress
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 1st, 2014

Postby TheTigress » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Three lubes is great! It might be a good idea for you and hour fiancé to test the lubes on some skin to check for allergic reactions. :) I have very sensitive skin so I checked everything we bought a couple weeks before just to be sure. I didn't want to have a reaction vaginally and then be out of commission for the honeymoon!
Together or not at all- Amy Pond

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Postby OldMarriedLady » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Coconut oil is the best, but it will weaken and damage condoms, so if you're using those, stick to water-based or silicone lubes. The main advantage of coconut oil is that it is edible and has either no taste or a coconut taste, unlike artificial lubes which can be bitter or otherwise unpleasant. With coconut oil you can switch to oral sex without having to wipe something off first.
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

HeIsAble
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 22nd, 2014

Postby HeIsAble » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:03 am

Hi! I'm also getting married that very same day. So this is quite relevant for me too. :wink:
For our HM I've prepared a a goodie-bag with a few types of water based lubes, a few small towels, condoms, bubble bath, candles, cranberry pills (for her, preventative measure), and massage oil.

I've heard a lot of people swear by coconut oil and I hope to find some to take along too.

I hope you have a special day!
"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." -- Matthew 19:6

poetess
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 8th, 2011

Postby poetess » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:30 am

Coconut oil is found in the cooking section. It is all we have ever used, and we like it.
Marriage--what a wonderful image of Christ's love for His bride!

arwen
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 27th, 2013

Postby arwen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:49 am

HeIsAble wrote:cranberry pills (for her, preventative measure)

VERY good idea. Cranberry pills are now my best friends.
Aragorn: You cannot give me this.
Arwen: It is mine to give to whom I will. Like my heart.

Bear
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 26th, 1987

Postby Bear » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:20 pm

arwen wrote:
HeIsAble wrote:cranberry pills (for her, preventative measure)

VERY good idea. Cranberry pills are now my best friends.

Also, newlywed gals: don't forget to pee after sex.
The same women who are ready to defend their men through thick and thin are...lucid about...the thickness of his head.
Love is not blind; that is the last thing it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.
-GK Chesterton

BeK
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 7th, 2002

Postby BeK » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Coconut Oil is the best lubricant in the world as far as I'm concerned. Love the smell and slipperiness of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

azpeach
King bed

Postby azpeach » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Coconut oil, pee after sex and cranberry pills. You'll thank us later

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:07 am

Start taking the cranberry now. It works as a preventive. It won't help after you get a UTI.

Take both coconut as well as a silicone-based and a water-based lube. They each have their advantages & disadvantages. We have tried all three, and only like the water-based. It feels the most like the natural lube that our bodies produce.

The BEST lube is what your bodies produce. It is the most sensuous, is produced continuously during your lovemaking session when everything is working well, and tastes and smells wonderful.

We are at the point where we almost never need artificial lube. It's been years getting there, but sure is nice. Maybe it won't take you as long.

Take it slow, and stay hydrated. You will lubricate better after your first few times because you will be more relaxed.

May God greatly bless your marriages & honeymoons. Enjoy!
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Epaminondas
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 19th, 2003

Postby Epaminondas » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:57 am

Bear in mind you may not need lube at all or you may need lube forever. It will not necessarily go away for everyone.
Last edited by Epaminondas on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless <><

AlpacaMan
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 17th, 2009

Postby AlpacaMan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Epaminondas wrote:Bear in mind you may not need live at all or you may need lube forever. It will not necessarily go away for everyone.

+1. DW and I use lube almost all the time.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Epaminondas wrote:Bear in mind you may not need [lube] at all or you may need lube forever.

True, but there are things that you can do. Additional lube is great when you are in a hurry and want a quickie, but you shouldn't use it to rush normal lovemaking. Remember, Astroglide etc. is a fairly recent invention. No doubt ancient people used coconut or olive oil etc. And there's the old standby, saliva, not really a good lube. In the past people relied primarily on their bodies, and I wouldn't be surprised if most people worldwide still do.

With us things have gotten better with age and experience. I think that is typical, and if so, time is on your side. Even after menopause there wasn't much change. When her ovaries were removed, she didn't lubricate at all, but bHRT fixed that fortunately.

I think a lot of it is mental conditioning. We don't need it for even quickies now. When she knows I will be entering her, her body seems to start producing without any physical stimulation. But when we have a long session planned, she can be fairly dry at first even though she has been anticipating it for some time. She needs a lot of attention before she becomes fully lubricated.

Anyway, be prepared of course. When it makes sex better, by all means use it. But there is nothing better a big spot on the bed and the long, intense -- emotionally and physically -- lovemaking session that precedes it.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

LoveIsSweet
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 10th, 2013

Postby LoveIsSweet » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:45 am

I don't know if you'll be back to read this before your honeymoon, but if you are relying on condoms for birth control do not, I repeat, *do not* use coconut oil as your lube!!! The oil will break down the condom. That was said briefly somewhere up above, but it's worth saying again!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”