Self-Image

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
Dbrown
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 4th, 2015

Re: Self-Image

Postby Dbrown » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:49 am

@Ledgemoor, thanks for comment. Yes, I probably am making this a bigger issue than it already is.
What was your wife's reaction to your penis and naked body?
What made you excited about showing off your naked body to your wife? Were you not the least nervous?

Dbrown

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Her reaction was good. She liked it. There wasn't a lot of staring. She held it a minute or so, then we hugged.

She had never seen an erect penis before. However, we had concerns because she is petite, so there was discussion of size well beforehand. One time when I had an erection, I pressed my pants over it so she could get an idea of the size, so no shock-and-awe on the honeymoon :-)

She had seen the rest of me, so no surprise there.

No, I don't think I was nervous at all about being naked or making love the first time. I guess the main reason I was excited to show myself to her is that it is a part of having sex, plus I wanted to see her. BTW, she was a little nervous -- wanted to undress me first. But once exposed she was very comfortable.

I grew up in a rural environment in a part of the country where people are probably less uptight about their bodies. Plus I am mid-50's now, and I think people are more uptight now than they used to be. I had been skinny dipping and had been nude with guys as well as girls in sport situations. And naked in locker rooms lots of times. I wasn't always comfortable (not real hung when not erect :lol:), but it would have been more embarrassing to avoid the situation than to be naked.

In a dorm at a Christian college where I met DW, there was a dorm house mother who would wander the halls sometimes. An attractive but grandmotherly-type woman. They would announce her over the PA so guys could get decent. But I was in the shower and didn't hear the announcement. I exited the shower room and rounded a corner there she was coming towards me down the hall. I had my towel over around my shoulders. I didn't know what to do, so I figured the best thing was just keep walking. Bless her, she pretended not to notice. She said "Hi Bill, how are you?" "Fine Mrs. Smith, how are you?"

Anyway, your penis makes you a man (ok, not the only thing, but it's major :lol: ). It will be big because you love her and you find her attractive. And it will make a married woman out of her. I can't see any women being turned off by that. You do read horror stories here about women who DO NOT like penises getting married, but I'll bet they are very rare. If on the outside chance your fiancée is one of them, best to find out now.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Pallando
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 15th, 2013

Postby Pallando » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:52 am

More likely than her hating it is her being indifferent to it.

And here's a shocker I learned: that's not as bad as you think.

DW was intrigued and a little scared by my penis. We've been married less than two years, but she still hasn't "fallen in love" with it. But I know she loves me, and she loves what I do with it, and our sex life hasn't suffered because of it.

There are many wives on here that profess a deep love for their man's penis. My DW is not like that. Yours might be! But if not, just realize that she probably doesn't see "it" as "you" (the typical male perspective) and she loves YOU.

Dbrown
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 4th, 2015

Postby Dbrown » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:34 pm

Ok, I've read on other posts that men love their wives vulva but the women are indifferent to their husband's penis. Why is that? I guess I would assume that even if you didn't love your wife's vulva you would eventually grow to love it since you're not seeing any other women's genitals but hers.

Dbrown

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:35 pm

I would say don't believe everything you read. :D
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

Romantic Husband
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 1978

Postby Romantic Husband » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Dbrown, think about it from your bride's point of view. If she didn't have a physical attraction to you as you are, she probably wouldn't be marrying you. I also married a nurse, and of course she was knowledgeable about human anatomy. However, she later told me that on our honeymoon mine was the first penis she'd ever seen that was less than 70 years old! It was also the first erect penis she'd ever seen. She was more than a little concerned about how she was going to get all of me in her, though I'm no more than average size at best.

I wouldn't say she's in love with that particular part of my body, and your wife may feel the same. I strongly suspect, however, that she is excitedly anticipating what the two of you are going to do with it.

I hope you can get over the worry and instead concentrate on the anticipation of what is going to me an incredibly moving and spiritual experience for both of you.
Matthew 19:26 - With God all things are possible.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Postby OldMarriedLady » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Leah wrote:I would say don't believe everything you read. :D

Or, believe some of what you read in the Penis Love thread. You aren't allowed to post on that thread yet, but you're welcome to read it.
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”