How much room inside vagina?

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
Tallis
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 9th, 2016

How much room inside vagina?

Postby Tallis » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:04 am

This is my 3rd recent topic - sorry to flood the forum, I just have so many questions!

I'd like to know how much room there is inside a vagina (obviously it depends on the woman). But generally, the normal way for PIV sex is in and out in, just straight. But is there any room inside the vagina if I try to move laterally? Like, gyrate and move my body so that I'm not just going straight in and out, but also all around in different directions?

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Re: How much room inside vagina?

Postby George B. » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:16 am

the vagina is a muscular sheath. it has the ability to stretch quite a bit, even to accommodate a baby being born (though this type of stretching can take a while and is, of course, not generally pleasurable feeling).

Depending on your size and hers, you may be do what you describe, though if she's a virgin, it may not be right away. Again, this partly depends on your respective sizes, her muscle tone inside her vagina, etc.

This is certainly not something that my wife and I could do before she had a few babies. Nowadays, there is some play, but not a lot.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

MrsTom
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 8th, 1990

Postby MrsTom » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:09 pm

If you look at the cross section of the vagina, it's like a capital I on its side. Now imagine a smile on the upper part and and frown on the lower part. Like a double concave lens shape. So, while the muscles on the anterior and posterior surfaces make the smile and the frown touch, there is a little more room off to the sides. But that's not always the most comfortable place for pushing into.

There is a technique that a man can do to approach a little more obliquely. I forget what it's called, though.
When I told my hubby it's too bad he couldn't have a wife who had both a dirty mind and a clean house, he said he'd far prefer the former.

Romantic Husband
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 1978

Postby Romantic Husband » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:58 am

Tallis, I'd suggest you start with the basics and make sure you're both comfortable before you start getting more aggressive with your movements. I'm sure it depends upon the individuals, but in our case, yes, I like to move around a lot once she feels relaxed and "warmed up", and it works for her too. I think you called it gyrating. Yep, gyrating definitely happens with us when I get excited. We didn't start that way, though. It was something we worked up to as we learned together.

Learning together is fun, not only as newlyweds, but as an old married couple.
Matthew 19:26 - With God all things are possible.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”