Page 1 of 1

Here we go....

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:55 am
by tmbadmin
Later today I am going to change the DNS from GoDaddy to our new host. In theory, this will be totally transparent. In reality, DNS feels like voodoo to me, and odd things happen.

Once this is done I will set up the move of the site to the new server. Probably do it Sunday. I hope to be down less than 12 hours.

~ Paul

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:35 pm
by Paul B
<GEEK>
Changes made, showing propagated to all but a few slow DNS servers. Everything looks good.
</GEEK>

In other words, no problems.

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:01 pm
by ng95901
Roger, Tranquility. We copy you on the ground.... :D

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:51 pm
by Paul B
ng95901 wrote:Roger, Tranquility. We copy you on the ground.... :D

Not sure if that makes me feel better or more alone!

But thanks.

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:41 pm
by natedg200202
Great job! That is nerve wracking stuff.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:46 pm
by tmbadmin
The plan now is to move the boards on Sunday. I expect them to go down at about 8 AM PST. Hope to be back up in no more than six hours, but we have to wait for support so it's unknown.

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:00 pm
by Paul B
Final schedule - Going down at 10 PM PST tonight. Back up on Sunday as soon as possible.

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:48 am
by Paul B
As far as I can tell that was painless. If you have problems, report them here.

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:30 am
by ng95901
Sometimes the move just goes routine despite the old hosting provider! Good deal, we'll take her for a test run now! :D

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 am
by wyseguy
Is there an ETA on the SSL cert for the new host?

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 pm
by Paul B
wyseguy wrote:Is there an ETA on the SSL cert for the new host?

I may try it Sunday. It's been hit and miss on my tests, and I am a bit worried how it will play with the boards. Only one way to find out!

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:43 pm
by Paul B
wyseguy wrote:Is there an ETA on the SSL cert for the new host?

I have it set up as optional at this point - try https://boards.themarriagebed.com.

I'd like some feedback before I make it mandatory in the backend.

(This post confirmes posting works!)

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:40 am
by wyseguy
Appears to be working correctly for me (this post done via HTTPS).

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:50 am
by SeekingChange
I am not sure what kind of feedback you want, and I am nowhere near a techy person... but when I click on the link on one device, I get "webpage not available" and I get a message from my device that says it can't make a secure connection. But, I tried the link on a different device and it worked fine. The issue is probably on my end, but I have no clue how to fix it.

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:37 am
by ng95901
This post done via https as well, looking good so far...

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:50 pm
by Paul B
ng95901 wrote:This post done via https as well, looking good so far...

And I'm getting a nice green lock, so it's all secrued.

Any backend issues?

Anyone check tappatalk?

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:31 am
by ng95901
Paul B wrote:And I'm getting a nice green lock, so it's all secrued.

Any backend issues?


Yup, saw the green color on the server test. I don't use Tapatalk, but it usually doesn't take too long for issues to be reported, if there are any..

Re: Here we go....

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:23 am
by Paul B
I just set tatpatlk to use the SSL version. Seems to be working for me.