Secure app for intimate photos?

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
HeIsMine
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 20th, 2017

Secure app for intimate photos?

Postby HeIsMine » Mon May 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for an app to take, store and send photos/video privately? We are preparing for our marriage in 4 days, and I'm thinking about taking some intimate photos during our honeymoon to remember special moments. And then to be able to use an app to privately send photos or messages in our post-honeymoon married life.

Definitely don't want those kinds of photos on our phones/camera etc, even if we religiously delete them. We also have nieces/nephews that tend to browse our phones unaware, so definitely want one or more levels of security.

I searched the boards and found posts about apps from 5+ years ago. "Couple" app was recommended. Wondering if there are more up-to-date suggestions? Or if anyone has thoughts about "couple"?

Also one of us has an iPhone and the other Android, so would need an app that plays well together with both.

jude700
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 19th, 1997

Re: Secure app for intimate photos?

Postby jude700 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:58 am

You might try "Fujifilm-Instax-Mini-7S-Instant-Camera-includes-Fujifilm-Mini-Film-10pk/20512790#customer-reviews."

Polaroids were used during my wife's pregnancies as well as the week preceding and following the wedding. Take pictures frequently during the many changes of your lives. We have a photo of my daughter making faces during the tonight show with Johnny Carson photos of us wth Franklin McCormack during one of his Live broadcasts for WGN in the early 70s!

Digital cameras are far from private as they can sometimes transmit signals for those most intimate poses. If you use a scanner, remember that even the photos going through these machines can be transmitted. \

Use the digitals for the outside scenic shots and of the hotel/motel rooms. Make faces and clown it up. Remember this is one of the most important days of your life. You may even consider having someone take pictures of the births of your children.

Best wishes and prayers for all of you.
He is risen!

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Tue May 16, 2017 8:45 am

We still use Couple, and it still works well for us. We both have Androids, so I can't speak to the phone issue. One thing we really like is that we can set our phones to require a passcode so no one else sees what we've been up to.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

DeepSouth
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 16th, 1984

Postby DeepSouth » Tue May 16, 2017 10:58 am

For Android, take a look at photo locker pro by handy apps. Some apps just rename the files, which is trivial to undo. This encrypts the file, so no viewing without passcode. They have a video version also. We've used this for years, no problems.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain.

jude700
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 19th, 1997

Postby jude700 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Another thing that may be done is to get wooden cigar boxes from tobacco shops. Some have a very pleasant bouquet, or you can infuse your own. It is one way to store many small things in order.
He is risen!

HeIsMine
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 20th, 2017

Postby HeIsMine » Wed May 17, 2017 7:05 am

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Okay I will look more at couple and the photo locker pro app for Android.

Yes, documenting those special moments in life is so important. We already have a new cigar box filled with letters I have been writing to my Love only days after we first met. We have some photos and momentoes in there too. I just want to make sure we have secure place for photos of a more intimate or sexual nature.

ar2032
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 5th, 2008

Postby ar2032 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:01 pm

We use an app called Hicalculator. I put it in my "tools" folder on my phone. It Looks and functions like a normal calculator app until you type in a special code (numbers and characters- without prompting) and it takes you to a hidden area where you can store images you can download and upload and sort with folders etc. youd have to get REALLY lucky to crack the code if you even knew what the app was.
I probably should proofread.. but I don't. Sorry for the typos!

DeepSouth
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 16th, 1984

Postby DeepSouth » Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 am

The photo locker pro app also allows a "stealth mode", where the app isn't in your app list and you have to enter the combo into a calculator widget. Works well.

As I said above, make sure any app you use actually encrypts the files, not just moves or renames them. 10 minutes hooked up to a desktop can reveal a lot of the non-encryption apps "secret files".
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Sites”