Book: Wild At Heart

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
VikingJ
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 10th, 1996

Re: Book: Wild At Heart

Postby VikingJ » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:15 am

I think that depends on your personality. I liked the book but I'm a man who loves adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:19 am

I haven't read it in years, but I remember I went through a phase in my Christian walk discovering my own masculinity in God. Eldredge's books, especially Wild at Heart but others, too, spoke right into that needed place in my life. I don't think his books are for everyone, but I feel like they added value to the wide variety of Christian books on manhood and masculinity. It's not too much to say that his writing changed my life, and in a positive way. He led me to fall deeper in love with God and the Bible and the wild journey of what it means to be a man of God, or simply, God's man.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Pallando
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 15th, 2013

Postby Pallando » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Strange, as I really do/did not like W@H. He seems to have an immature narrow view of masculinity; some rough and tough guy who has to like wrestling. I also recall him taking Scripture and making wild generalizations from it to prove his points, although I haven't read it in years and couldn't point them out to you right now.

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:17 pm

I read it, and it helped me see that I needed to be less concerned with the way men are. God can, and does, speak to Jake. Jake is somewhat proud, but once in a while he shares something that shows me God is speaking. Somehow a piece of the puzzle was set in place to show me that the first commandment was to Adam, and that Jake is fully accountable for what God is saying to him.

It is wrong for me to get in between that, and it is relief that I don't have to.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

Redsman
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 10th, 2006

Postby Redsman » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:22 am

Of all the books I've read of his, while W@H is a good one, I enjoyed Love&War more.

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Sites”