31 Days to Great Sex

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
LIT56RD
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 8th, 1977

31 Days to Great Sex

Postby LIT56RD » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:48 pm

Has anyone read this book 31 Days to Great Sex By Sheila Wray Gregoire

http://www.amazon.com/Days-Great-Sheila-Wray-Gregoire/dp/1486601944/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1461786201&sr=1-1&keywords=31+Days+to+Great+Sex

If you have what is your opinion. I am trying to come up with books for my wife and I to read together. We need to work on a lot of issues. Hope to start with Sheet Music.

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Re: 31 Day to Great Sex

Postby seeking perspective » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:01 pm

LIT56RD wrote:Has anyone read this book 31 Days to Great Sex By Sheila Wray Gregoire

This is a great book if your wife is willing to work on sexual intimacy. If she is not willing, then giving her that book is likely not a good choice. That is book intended for wives, not for husbands and wives together. Intimacy Ignited is a much better choice for a couple to read together, as it looks at the role of sexual intimacy in God's design for marriage. Again, if your wife is unwilling to work on sex, that may not help, either.

If she isn't willing to work on sex, is she willing to work on growing in marriage in general? I found The Generous Wife to play a huge role in helping my heart be where it should be. When my heart was in the right place, working on sex was a natural by-product of that.

I apologize if I've missed it in this or your other thread, but what does your wife say about why she is resistant to sexual intimacy?
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Better: Holy Bible

Postby Job29Man » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:14 pm

I don't think a Christian book is going to be helpful in your marriage bed, because it appears that at the core of your issues is unconfessed and unrepentant sin. Until she confesses her sins, with a broken heart, no relationship/marriage/sex book is going to help IMHO. The book you need to read together is the Bible; all that stuff about confessing your sins to one another, humility, broken and contrite heart, your spouse has authority over your body, do not deprive, be a generous giver... that stuff.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

Vanna
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 20th, 1994

Re: 31 Days to Great Sex

Postby Vanna » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Maybe The Love Dare would be a possibility, especially if you both do it together? It addresses heart issues and reconnecting. It has also been popular cross-denominationally, so she may already be familiar with the title. Perhaps after doing that together, she might be more open to Intimacy Ignited?
After 28 years and six kids, through the good and bad, by the grace of God, things keep getting better and better. ::wed

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Sites”