Anyone Familiar with The Gottman Institute?

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 27th, 1995

Anyone Familiar with The Gottman Institute?

Postby workerbee » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:43 am

DH and I are trying to find resources that help us be intentional.

There is a 'Gott Sex" resource/DVD/workbook that we're interested in.

Hoping some one here has experience with them?

Other suggestions appreciated.

We've worked through Passionate Marriage, it was very helpful but looking for something we can actively work with together.

Date of your marriage (past or future): February 15th, 2014

Re: Anyone Familiar with The Gottman Institute?

Postby Learning1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 am

I am familiar with The Gottman Insitute, not with that particutlar work "Gott Sex".
DH and I read through Gottman's "7 Prinicples to Make Marriage Work", when we were first married and it was excellant. I also believe there are workbooks to accompany most of his books. They also run a blog which I have found insightful.

Gottman does not claim to be a Christian. So like anything (including those shouting form the root tops that they are Chritian) chew the fat and spit out the bones. We found there were very few if any bones to spit out in reading the 7 Principles.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

El Husbandido
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 2003

Re: Anyone Familiar with The Gottman Institute?

Postby El Husbandido » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:53 pm

I’m familiar with gottman. (Living in the PNW, I have known many who have gone to his seminars.) everyone I know has had good things to say, but I agree with Learning1, keep in mind that it is not specifically Christian.

As an alternative, I highly recommend Family Life and their Weekend to Remember events.
If there came a lion, or bear, & took a lamb, I went after him & struck him & delivered it out of his mouth, & if he rose against me, I caught him by his beard & struck & killed him. I have struck down both lions and bears.

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Sites”