Tests: Evaluating Compatibility, Attitudes, Beliefs

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Tests: Evaluating Compatibility, Attitudes, Beliefs

Postby Job29Man » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:47 am

Can anyone advise me about really good, well designed tests (especially "bubble tests"), which evaluate beliefs and attitudes about...

1. right and wrong, good and bad, moral and immoral, excellent and poor choices in life
2. politics
3. work ethic, importance of saving and investing money
4. ability to delay gratification
5. sexual cooperation and commitment in marriage, enthusiasm, etc
6. child-rearing and training
7. whether right and wrong are more black-and-white, or whether the subject is comfortable with rationalizing lots of exceptions to "rules"

I'm interested in such "fill in the bubbles with a number two pencil" type tests, which results are then easily computed and compared to another person (potential spouse) to reveal possible hotspots of disagreement, even incompatibility. I like the tests also where they have a built-in "truth-detector" by asking similar questions in different ways at different times in the test, to reveal inconsistent answers.

I already understand about "Personality Tests" e.g. Myers-Briggs, etc. I'm looking for beliefs and attitudes though, separate from personality.
A fee for the testing is just fine.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

MayDayGirl
Fell out of ...

Re: Tests: Evaluating Compatibility, Attitudes, Beliefs

Postby MayDayGirl » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:13 am

Are you familiar with this: http://www.foccusinc.com/foccus-inventory.aspx

I know the Catholic Church uses it for Pre-Cana, but I think Protestant churches use it as well.

El Husbandido
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 2003

Re: Tests: Evaluating Compatibility, Attitudes, Beliefs

Postby El Husbandido » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm certified to administer Prepare & Enrich. We use that as a component of pre-marriage counseling at our church.
If there came a lion, or bear, & took a lamb, I went after him & struck him & delivered it out of his mouth, & if he rose against me, I caught him by his beard & struck & killed him. I have struck down both lions and bears.

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Sites”