Back after 13 Years

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background and more.
Forum rules
This section is to introduce yourself to our community and for others to welcome you. Please do not solicit advice here, rather, begin a thread in the appropriate section.
Alex G
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 1st, 2004

Back after 13 Years

Postby Alex G » Fri May 04, 2018 1:01 pm

I accidentally posted this under someone else's introduction, sorry about that.

I joined a week ago. When I got engaged in 2005 I was looking for something christian, private, and blunt so I knew what to expect on the wedding night. I remember getting some really good advice from this site. Then after a few years I couldn't remember the name of it, and forgot about it until the other day. I was sitting and writing a letter to my wife and struggling with what to say or whether what I was saying made sense, I google searched Christian sex advice and found this site again and joined back up, both for my needs and hopefully to be able to share advice as well.

I'm a youth/associate pastor (have been for 16 years now) in a small town. Have been married since 2005 and have two wonderful daughters.

Dale
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Re: Back after 13 Years

Postby Dale » Fri May 04, 2018 1:07 pm

I actually think I remember you from those days, even though you had a different screenname (probably because I was a youth pastor at the time as well)! :D

Welcome back!

Dale

Job29Man
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Mon May 07, 2018 4:27 am

Alex, welcome back brother. I'm a pastor too. But your time here predates me. What was your screenname then?
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Mon May 07, 2018 4:10 pm

I welcomed you in the other thread, but I will say it again.... I am glad you found your way back!
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Alex G
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 1st, 2004

Postby Alex G » Mon May 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Honestly, I have no idea what I used as a screen name back then. Thank you all for the welcome back!

Return to “Introduce Yourself To Us!”