Where do you access the TMB boards?

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background and more.
Forum rules
This section is to introduce yourself to our community and for others to welcome you. Please do not solicit advice here, rather, begin a thread in the appropriate section.

Where do you access the TMB boards? Check all that apply.

Home
72%
The office when I should be working.
14%
The office when not on the clock.
8%
School computer
1%
Public library
1%
Cyber Café
1%
A friends place
2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 703

Paul B
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Where do you access the TMB boards?

Postby Paul B » Tue May 03, 2005 9:37 pm

By request

Proverbs2121

Postby Proverbs2121 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:58 am

It says to select only 8 answers and no more, yet there are only 8 answers. Am I missing something? :?
Last edited by Proverbs2121 on Wed May 04, 2005 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

InGodsgracenow

Postby InGodsgracenow » Wed May 04, 2005 10:13 am

Hey where is the poll I requested ( :wink: )???? LOL :mrgreen:

cvw_10
Double

Postby cvw_10 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:25 am

You always get a critique of the answers you have provided, so let me be the thorn in your side this time. After all, its from the tree you've planted.

I am on here at work, while I'm on the clock, but I work for myself, so its ok.
cvw

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength."
- Robert E. Lee

Snuggle Muffin
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 2002

Postby Snuggle Muffin » Wed May 04, 2005 12:44 pm

I suppose I should be working, except there's really nothing for me to do (dorm security desk in a freshman hall lobby... get paid to study basically). So maybe there should be a choice, "At work when you should be writing your term paper."
"Rejoice in the wife of your youth... may you be forever captivated by her love!"
Prov 5.15-20
"I wanna be rich in memories not money / Our love is our inheritance, honey"
Jon Foreman, "Inheritance"

Jerry
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 13th, 1971

HOME

Postby Jerry » Wed May 04, 2005 7:53 pm

AT HOME.

I HAVE ACCESS TO MY EMAIL AT WORK, BUT THE MB POSTS ARE LEFT ALONE UNTIL I ARRIVE HOME FROM WORK.

GOD BLESS,
Jerry, Regional Facilitator
CXO, Faithful and True of Jacksonville, Inc
Celebrating 17 years of meetings in Jacksonville, FL
http://www.904true.org
904 443 0246 (recorded message only)

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Wed May 04, 2005 8:32 pm

Proverbs2121 wrote:It says to select only 8 answers and no more, yet there are only 8 answers. Am I missing something? :?

That was the default wording. I've changed it to "Please select up to 8 answers".

<>< Paul

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Wed May 04, 2005 8:34 pm

cvw_10 wrote:You always get a critique of the answers you have provided, so let me be the thorn in your side this time. After all, its from the tree you've planted.

I am on here at work, while I'm on the clock, but I work for myself, so its ok.
Yeah, Lori and I were sure we were missing something. Given that we are self employed, you'd think we would have come up with that, as well as "home office". [smiley poster=sad]* SIGH *[/smiley]

<>< Paul - who does plant trees, and bushes, and perennials, and annuals, and grass ...

BlesdAlMom

Postby BlesdAlMom » Thu May 05, 2005 8:35 am

Speaking of......I have a question....Feel free to move it but I dont want to forget it in the midst of the 151 New Posts I am trying to catch up on...

How can you get rid of "horse nettle"? Its all over the property and I dont know how to get rid of it so it doesnt come back.......

ROFLOL.....BTW...I do everything from HOME. These topics are just too intimate to look at somewhere else.

Jack pulls up the topic when I mention something and then does a screen print at work so he can read it without anyone else seeing what he is reading....I mean, a shop full of men, yeah thats somewhere you want to be reading a post about where ejaculate should go during oral....LOL.

SnuggleBunny

Postby SnuggleBunny » Thu May 05, 2005 9:26 am

um... just so you know, I wouldn't recommend coming here while at work.

As the wife of a Systems Administrator I happen to know a few secrets..

Such as

The Sys admin guys in the IT dept KNOW EVERYTHING YOU DO with your computers at work!
They can (and some do) read your emails!
They know what websites you go to!

I know my DH is a great guy who likes to let others keep their privacy, but not all people are as great as my DH is. Some might have alterior motives or bad intentions.
And, yes, it's all legal for protecting the company's property, etc since you're using their computers.

Fibrobuster

Response

Postby Fibrobuster » Sun May 08, 2005 3:13 pm

I am self employed and have 2 computers. We have a desktop at home which I use most of the time. I have a laptop I use when I am on the road. Since I am self employed and I set the rules for my business, I make a rule that I MUST access TMB when I am working. :mrgreen:
Fibrobuster

tryin2dobetter
Twin size

Postby tryin2dobetter » Sun May 08, 2005 5:17 pm

Viewing any sexual conetent from work, including TMB, would get me canned. No doubt.

tryin2dobetter

BoG

Postby BoG » Sun May 08, 2005 5:36 pm

At work, virtually all of our computers are on our client's network, and the client has a very strict policy about appropriate use. We have one company computer that is connected direct to the internet, and not through the client's intranet. We all share it for non work related stuff.

I tried to access TMB once on the private computer, but the page I was wanting to get to was blocked by the company anti-smut filter.

Ah well.. I should wait 'till I get home anyway, and not fritter my time away any more than I already do.

learningdaily

Postby learningdaily » Sun May 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Everything in the public school system is well....public! I would never try there...but to echo those who have said be careful if you are on a public computer....in our school system if a system administrator or IT person is "watching" you and what you are doing, there are little eyeballs that pop up in the right corner of your screen. They are a bit eerie...sort of Big Brother Like.

If you try to hit a site that is even remotely considered questionable, the firewalls and protection will start sending up warning windows...it's quite embarassing (did it on accident once).

:wave Be Blessed!!

BlesdAlMom

Postby BlesdAlMom » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:12 pm

I want Her wrote:BlessdALmom,
Roundup, or any broad spectrum herbicide works great. Slow to act, give it two weeks to fully act, but it kills completely including roots and tubers (underground plant-to-plant connections). Be carefull and accurate with your spraying as it kills whatever it touches. Exception being the brown bark of mature trees. It is also safe around children and animals. (after a couple of hours) It bio-degrades and disapears. If you use the full strenth roundup ($45 or so per qt.) mix 3 oz roundup with 1 gal of water. If you like, add crop oil or a surfactant (sudsless soap) per the manufacturer's instructions. This combo works best in hot/humid weather, and can be rained on after 1 hour with no detrimental affect. Keeps for years, even the mixed solution, but don't allow it to freeze.

PS. Try it on your dreaded kudsu (sorry spelling) and report back (PM), I'm really curious as to how it works on that.

Sorry its taken a while to get back to this but I've been busy.

We've done nothing so far with this TOTALLY persistent little weed other than keep the property cut down short in hopes that by next spring we will have beat it back enough that spraying it will do some good.

However, when I researched this with different landscape companies around here I found that there are really only a couple of chemicals that are really effective against this junk and they are all regulated and I cannot personally get them. I will have to hire someone to do it for us next spring.

After talking with Paul and others in my area I learned that the best time to treat it would be early spring and I had already missed that point so it would have been a waste of time and money to try this summer.

By next spring we will have begun our home and all of the foundation work will be done so I will know exactly what needs to be treated and will not waste time and money treating area's that will have a foundation on top of them.

Thanks for the advice but I learned that Round-up isnt really the best route to go and ultimately we will just have to hire someone to spray it next spring. Round up will kill everything around this particular weed and, in effect, help it to thrive because it kills all around it that is "stealing" the nutrients. Sounds crazy but seriously, this stuff is a absolute pain. I've talked with all the farmers around our property and they all complain about this junk but they all agree, there is no "quick fix" and there is no getting rid of it completely.

cjfam

Postby cjfam » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:05 pm

DH and I both access this site from home, the only place we use a computer. We keep our laptop in the only room with AC (the bedroom, 'cause everywhere else its often 95 degrees or higher). The kids do a lot of their schoolwork in here, so we usually only get on after they're asleep unless I'm playing the word games.

sockstobed

Postby sockstobed » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:13 pm

I read TMB from home. I've thought many times about checking it at school (at university) but i'm too chicken...not sure what the system admin would have to say and also anyone who walks up behind me.

Misha
Queen bed

Postby Misha » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:18 am

I read TMB from home.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return. Christian/Toulouse-Lautrec-Moulin Rouge

semjsc

Postby semjsc » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:08 pm

Only from home here.
I have internet access at work, but don't think I would dare, even if I had time. (I'm an asst. manager for a local thrift store)

Vic

Postby Vic » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:43 pm

just been poking around for a few days. love what i'm seeing. need to watch it, been logging in at work. not a big deal here, but don't want to abuse it. curse you all for being so helpful...

Return to “Introduce Yourself To Us!”