How to access the Off Topic sections

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background and more.
Forum rules
This section is to introduce yourself to our community and for others to welcome you. Please do not solicit advice here, rather, begin a thread in the appropriate section.
The-OG
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

How to access the Off Topic sections

Postby The-OG » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:30 pm

As of Friday 7/29/05 access to most parts of the Off Topic sections of the boards require membership in one of the Off Topic usergroups. This allows those who don't have any interest in certain areas of the OT sections to not see them in their list of unread posts.

The Introduce Yourself section will remain open to all members of the boards.

Chit Chat, Jokes, and More and None of the Above (Off Topic) will be available to those who belong to either of the OT user groups ("Off Topic - the light stuff" or "Off Topic - All")

Science, Hot Button Issues, and Dead horses (moved from the on-topic section) will only be seen by those who belong to the "Off Topic - All" usergroup.

To join a usergroup click on Usergroups in the main menu above. Select the one you want from the pull down menu, then click "View Information". Now click on "Join Group". Your request should be approved within half a day.

This message has been posted by a member of the OG on behalf of the whole group.

InspiredBySolomon

Postby InspiredBySolomon » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:02 pm

I've been watching this post and then it's gone. I went to the off topic listing but still can't find it.

What happened?

dr.mom

Postby dr.mom » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:30 pm

If it is not in the Off topic sections, then it is likely that the post has been removed by the moderators.

grace

InspiredBySolomon

Postby InspiredBySolomon » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:58 pm

Why would it be removed? I've seen similar topics left alone. New here still learning how things work.

dr.mom

Postby dr.mom » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:57 pm

There are a number of reasons a post or thread might be removed. Many times this involves violation or one or more of the board rules.

Sometimes the level of 'heat' in a thread is going up too much and cannot be brought back down. Sometimes individuals are becoming heated with one another. Sometimes it is decided among the OG and/or Mods that the thread is more damaging than edifying and so it is pulled.

If you have a question you can always PM the OG through the link in the header above.

grace

btw143

I have a question

Postby btw143 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:51 pm

ok so this is the page I really want to go to. . . . "opposite
King bed

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:

Mckk wrote:

My worry is - even though I know all of these views and etc, do I understand what it actually means when we live in it? He loves God and ultimately he wishes to do whatever the Bible commands, so I don't think there'll be many problems there.

This is a very important question...and I think we MIGHT just have a gauge for it. Knowing something and living it are two different things. You won't know how it will effect you in marriage because you are obviously not in that situation yet. However, how closely do you 'know it' and 'live it' in other areas of your life? As a Christian, do you find yourself rebelling against God constantly? Do you (/does he) rationalize rather than repent? If so, you'll probably find yourself in the same situation with your husband and his leadership.

I just posted some really good things to go over before marriage from that workbook I mentioned. ( http://www.themarriagebed.com/boards/vi ... highlight= ) When going through the questions, ask yourself all kinds of 'what if' and 'exception' scenarios. Think of REAL LIFE situations that can be effected with these beliefs and talk about the SPECIFICALLY. i.e. don't just ask "who handles the finances" and then move on. Ask "who decides if we get a new car if we disagree on needing one" and "what if that person is too busy/ doesn't put in enough effort" etc"

I would like to go to this link, so I signed up for the off topic stuff, but I still can not reach this link. Please help!

dr.mom

Postby dr.mom » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:49 am

Most likely this thread/post has been pruned and no longer exists on the boards. The orums are regularly pruned of chit-chat and redundant material to make the forums as useful and easy to acess as possible.

Last edited by dr.mom on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btw143

Postby btw143 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:14 am

Ok thank you! I am disapointed because I wanted to go through that check list with my FH, but I understand. :) Is there any chance I could pm the orginal poster of this link and get that checklist through them?? Thank you!

dr.mom

Postby dr.mom » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:15 pm

As loong as you have more than 7 posts you can PM any other poster. Just use the PM button under any post that that person has made.

The OP of that thread may or may not have that information though, but you can certainly ask.

grace

daphmi

Postby daphmi » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:28 pm

I started a topic today

"clone a willie Questions and then I received an email stating

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "CLONE A WILLIE QUESTIONS" at The Marriage Bed. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.themarriagebed.com/boards/vi ... 902#253902

When I click on the link it took me here to this topic

I see my post is still there so why did I get a email with link to this post?

If someone merges a topic with another, how do you know where it gets merged to??

Dale

Postby Dale » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:50 pm

Because the reply to your post was moved off the boards. When that happens, the system links you to this thread.

Dale

conquer_inside

Postby conquer_inside » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:11 pm

I was trying to find the thread on forgiveness referenced here: http://www.themarriagebed.com/boards/vi ... hp?t=13519 and was redirected to this thread. Can anyone tell me if it exists in the off topic areas and I need to register for those?

dr.mom

Postby dr.mom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:20 pm

The thread does exist in the off topics area. Use the 'usergroups' link in the blue header at the top of the page and subscribe to the Off Topics sections.

grace

Celebrate
Twin size

Postby Celebrate » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:25 pm

Just wondering why my request to subscribe to the off-topics forums is still pending. Can someone help?

Celebrate
Twin size

Postby Celebrate » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:38 pm

Thank you!! More fun things to read.... :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself To Us!”