Back a 3rd time!

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background and more.
Forum rules
This section is to introduce yourself to our community and for others to welcome you. Please do not solicit advice here, rather, begin a thread in the appropriate section.
Butterfly
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 8th, 2007

Back a 3rd time!

Postby Butterfly » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi guys,

I know I've been posting all over TMB but figured I'd introduce or re-introduce myself. I've been here twice before and I can't for the life of me remember my username or password here from either time so now I'm under this name. Go figure :lol: My husband and I actually frequented this board before we were married...but...again..have zero clue what our names were back then since they were different than usernames we use elsewhere.

Anyhow, we were married September 8th, 2007 and it's really pretty crazy to think that we've been married almost 10 years. Time flies like crazy. I'm 29 and he's 32. We're up in New England and yes getting pounded with snow. Yay us. I am currently a stay at home wife due to some emotional issues that make it very hard for me to hold down a job. I do some website building and photography and music to fill up my time.

Other than that, no kids, 5 cats (we're both hardcore cat people lol) and our favorite activity is shopping together. Yep somehow I won the jackpot and found me a guy that LIKES, no, LOVES shopping. He loves it more than I do. I hated shopping before I met him and he gave me money and made me learn to love it :lol: Too bad me marrying him made him poor lol...I guess owning a house and only having one income is hard. But he never complains about that and just works hard to make it all work. Good guy.

We're not romantic at all so we have more of a companionship relationship at this stage. We're a couple of geeks/introverts and lead very individual and almost opposite lives...to the point we are attending separate churches. But at the end of the day, we love each other and are very content with each other. So that's cool. I'd love to renew our vows someday because my wedding was just so awkward, hot and crowded and my abusive birth father was there and led me down the aisle. With a lot of therapy and time and hard work and especially the grace of God I have worked through a lot of the effects of the abuse that occurred at the hands of my birth father. As an adult, I was adopted by a wonderful family and so many of my wounds are being bound up and are healing. God sure is good to me. My birth mother and my blood siblings are wonderful too. I am very, very blessed and I don't take it for granted.

So that is a little picture into my world. Thanks for still being here all these years later!

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: Back a 3rd time!

Postby SeekingChange » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:57 pm

I pray God uses your time here to help bring your marriage to the place He desires it to be.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Return to “Introduce Yourself To Us!”