Longtime Lurker....

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background and more.
Forum rules
This section is to introduce yourself to our community and for others to welcome you. Please do not solicit advice here, rather, begin a thread in the appropriate section.
MrsG
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 1st, 2014

Longtime Lurker....

Postby MrsG » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:15 pm

I've posted a couple times but thought I'd back up and introduce myself. Married 3 years, found this website very helpful when we were engaged and then I got addicted to reading the forum posts while breastfeeding my now-four month old baby (our first). I've read so much of this forum that some of the frequent posters are like famous personalities to me haha!

DH and I are both moderately high drive, and I can only credit God for our marriage and sex life because he healed both of us from plenty of issues before we met each other. While I love the "spice it up" topics on this forum now I sure can find a lot to relate to in most of the issues posted about here too. I'm incredibly thankful for the community here and the straightforward wisdom being dished out for free!

Do you all give out sex advice frequently in "real life," or is your online alter ego a different story? :wink:

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: Longtime Lurker....

Postby SeekingChange » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Glad you are here! I guess there are much worse things you could be reading when you sit to feed! The bonding hormone must be at work :wink:
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Postby Hiswifeagain » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Welcome Mrs. G. I try to send a positive message about married sex in my real life, but don't offer advice unless asked. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

One-woman man
King bed

Postby One-woman man » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Having been here for 10 years, I have become bolder in giving out advice in real life. But, only when the situation is right. Part of the reason for venturing out more is seeing the serious problems people encounter in their marriages here and IRL. It seems to me that we who have had the privilege of learning things in a setting like this also have the responsibility to enable/assist others to do better - all for God's glory!
Honoring God in all things

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Postby doug-h » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:35 am

I occasionally offer advice to men who seek it, as long as it is something that I have some victory in.

Seems many men make the same mistakes, and I have made all of them, so I am a subject matter expert on what not to do. Haven't quite figured out what to do all the time, but I'm improving. ;)

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:41 am

I do, if I'm asked. I am a Bible teacher. Principles of scripture would be my forte.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

Return to “Introduce Yourself To Us!”