Hello

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background and more.
Forum rules
This section is to introduce yourself to our community and for others to welcome you. Please do not solicit advice here, rather, begin a thread in the appropriate section.
Hoping
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 23rd, 1981

Hello

Postby Hoping » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:02 pm

I'm new here. I have been married for 36 years to a man who the for the last 17 years has struggled with same sex attraction. He has been sexually and emotionally unfaithful with other men. He says he wants to be married to me and that he loves me. I have been hurt over and over. My trust in him has been totally shattered. Is there anyone else on this board in a similar situation?

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: Hello

Postby SeekingChange » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:42 am

Hello Hoping,

I am praying that the Lord will bring to you the right person(s) who will be a hope and encouragement to you. Even though I can't specifically think of anyone sharing the same scenario, first, that doesn't mean they aren't here, and secondly, that you still couldn't find some encouragement and Biblical wisdom here. We all are married to someone who struggles with sin. Some of us are married to someone who did, or is, struggling with sexual sin. Some of us are the ones in the midst of a struggle or have come out of the other side of one.

Praying the Lord will just wrap His arms around you and that He will provide all that you need. Glad you are here.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

jude700
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 19th, 1997

Re: Hello

Postby jude700 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Will pray for the TWO of you, Hoping. ::pray
He is risen!

Return to “Introduce Yourself To Us!”