Introducing CSQ

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background and more.
Forum rules
This section is to introduce yourself to our community and for others to welcome you. Please do not solicit advice here, rather, begin a thread in the appropriate section.
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 15th, 2017

Introducing CSQ

Postby CSQ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 am

Hi, everyone!

I’ve been lurking for a little while, and I am so thankful for this forum and the way everyone here approaches the joys and struggles of sexuality within marriage from a Christian perspective.

It kinda feels like I’m a relative youngster here; DH and I are entering our mid-20’s and have only been married since mid-July of this year. Of the short time we’ve been married, he has been on the other side of the country (with limited communication) from me for 3 months due to military training. We are so ready to be reunited in a couple of weeks!

A few facts about me; I’m a visual artist, a voracious bookworm, and a lover of travel and adventure. :D

This forum is refreshing for me because I’ve never had more experienced adults to speak into more practical matters of sexuality, other than to counsel me to flee all physical affection with the opposite sex before marriage to avoid the temptation to sin.

DH and I both carry scars from our sexual pasts, he from before he became a believer and I from both my upbringing and the sin in which I became entrapped during my teens. Since my home environment was not one in which I felt comfortable asking questions about sexuality (and is still a place where DH and I feel we cannot be fully free in our affection for each other), I turned to the internet - and I unfortunately learned much more than I ever needed to know from sources that were unhealthy and focused on the wrong things. The Lord thankfully freed me from that cycle of sin, but not before I had foolishly shared parts of myself only DH should know with complete strangers online, and not before I developed some confusing ideas about sex. It broke my heart and his when I shared that part of my life and testimony with him, and we are still dealing with the lingering ramifications of the choices both of us have made. I praise the Lord for the healing we have already experienced, though, and for what is to come!

So, anyway, I am happy to be part of this community now and have access to the resource of the experiences and advice people who want to rejoice in their marriage bed as they join together before the Lord, the way God intended it, and are honest about their own struggles. Thank you all for the ways in which God’s already used you to help heal my mind and heart - and just provide healthy perspectives on some things in which before I had only the perspective of the world.

And sorry for the novel here! :lol:

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Re: Introducing CSQ

Postby George B. » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:32 am

Welcome! Thanks for sharing about your marriage and your struggles. Hope you find what you’re looking for here. Feel free to ask questions about whatever. This is a wise and helpful community.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 am

Welcome! Glad you are here! We all have some kind of baggage from our past. I hope you continue you to find the encouragement and info you want and need. Be a voice here!
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 1st, 2002

Postby themrs » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Welcome to TMB. It will be fun to have newlyweds around here. :)

Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:39 am

Welcome CSQ, I hope you find the information and help you need. I hope we can help.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 11th, 1984

Postby 3bluebikes » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Welcome! Its takes a bit to get use to all the maneuvering around the boards. But a great place to seek and find information! Thanks for sharing your story!

Return to “Introduce Yourself To Us!”