Hello everyone: Slow cook introduction

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background and more.
Forum rules
This section is to introduce yourself to our community and for others to welcome you. Please do not solicit advice here, rather, begin a thread in the appropriate section.
Slow cook
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 22nd, 2006

Hello everyone: Slow cook introduction

Postby Slow cook » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:41 pm

I have read quite a bit on the forums and I am glad to start participating more here.

I am saddened that the Church has found no way to lead the charge into conversation about holiness and sexuality - but I am delighted that this community is situated in that essential space. I took me several decades to learn that holiness and sexuality could be used in the same sentence!

So I am glad to be here.
I am glad to have room to explore my holiness in sexuality.
I am glad to have a community to accompany me as I engage the leading edges of where Christ is at work in my marriage and in my sexuality.
Here is my verse and a prayer for my presence here.

"But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the ego in regard to its lusts." -Romans 13:14

Lord, by your grace help me to put to death my self-centered, grasping, fearful, anxious ego - and in so doing find a redeemed and holy self (including a robust sexuality) rising from the ashes of my false self. May the lusts of my ego find no provision, and may the desires of my sexuality flourish within the loving boundaries of your Kingdom. Amen.

Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: Hello everyone: Slow cook introduction

Postby SeekingChange » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 am

Welcome! Glad you are here and hope to hear your voice more often.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Re: Hello everyone: Slow cook introduction

Postby George B. » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:22 pm

welcome! so glad you're here! hope this serves as a great resource to you and your marriage. you'll find this is a great online community, too.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Return to “Introduce Yourself To Us!”