Medical reason for lack of desire on wife's part?

Low or no sex drive?
His son and daughter
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 23rd, 1997

Medical reason for lack of desire on wife's part?

Postby His son and daughter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:24 pm

My wife has rarely had a desire for sex, with the exception of when she was pregnant. She will address my basic need, she has orgasms but shows no desire for sex or me. I KNOW she loves me. She has agreed to see her internist to discuss the issue and see if there is an organic reason for her lack of desire.

My question for you all is what suggestions would you make to identify hormones that might be deficient? Or other reasons that might be considered for her lack of interest in sex.

May be I am wrong, but I would like for my wife to be high drive and want me similar to how I want her.

Any thoughts and definitely prayers are welcome.

poetess
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 8th, 2011

Re: ?Medical reason for lack of desire on wife's part?

Postby poetess » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:08 pm

I would like for my wife to be high drive and want me similar to how I want her.

She's a woman, and even if her desire were as great as yours, it is likely that it would not be the same type of desire. (Are you familiar with "responsive desire"? If not, there are quite a few threads dealing with this more typical pattern of desire for women.) Quite a few threads already exist with similar questions to the ones you are asking, and reading them would probably be the best place to start.

Is she on any libido-suppressing medication, for example birth control pills or psych meds (not sure the current term for such)?
Marriage--what a wonderful image of Christ's love for His bride!

Return to “Lack of Desire”