His low sex drive

Low or no sex drive?
kane92
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 19th, 1992

His low sex drive

Postby kane92 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:41 am

My dh has almost no sex drive, and it's been this way for over a year. He's in his 50s, and on bp meds. I have a sneaky suspicion that it's the meds and have mentioned for him to talk to his dr about changing them, but he has no desire to do so. What do I do when he has no desire and no desire to change it? He'd be happy with once a month or less, I'd be happy with twice a week. Is there something natural we could try?

TJC
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 31st, 1975

Re: His low sex drive

Postby TJC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:13 am

The thing I recommend most often is a combination of l-arginine and l-citrulline. However, if he is on BP meds you should closely monitor his blood pressure, since they tend to lower one's blood pressure.

https://www.amazon.com/Six-Star-Elite-C ... =N.O.+Fury

This is the one that I personally use.You can get it in many places. I buy mine at Walmart. It has the added advantage of not being advertised specifically for libido, which is kind of important for us guys. 8)
This is my beloved and this is my friend. Song of Solomon 5:16

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Re: His low sex drive

Postby OldMarriedLady » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:23 am

Most BP meds normally don't affect libido, just erectile function. I suppose he's too embarrassed to talk to his doctor about his meds affecting his sexual functioning? Most men are but they need to get over it.

The boards are pretty quiet here on the weekends, but do some reading in the Male Testosterone Issues section, the Lack of Desire section, and Male Orgasm Difficulties section. What you'll find is that not many people have found a natural remedy for low male drive that works reliably. People here will suggest that you get his testosterone levels checked and if they are low, get him on some supplemental testosterone therapy.
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

Return to “Lack of Desire”