Help!

Low or no sex drive?
Kel
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 1990

Help!

Postby Kel » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:37 pm

One of us has a high sex drive, the other has a low one. Need advice on how to find a balance for us both!

SLS
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 28th, 2014

Re: Help!

Postby SLS » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Hey Kel,

First of all let me tell you that you and your husband are not alone. Most marriages contain a higher drive spouse and a lower drive spouse. As long as a couple is generous and loving towards one another it isn't a problem.

In general, men and women have very different sex drives. Men tend to desire sex and arousal follows. For women, desire is triggered by arousal. You might think you have a "low drive" because you don't desire sex often when in fact it is just a normal reflection of a woman's sexuality. (https://site.themarriagebed.com/biology ... e-arousal/)

Do you and your husband have a specific issue you would like to resolve like frequency of lovemaking or being more engaged in the marriage bed?

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:26 am

this is very common among couples, though not often addressed. Movies and TV and books make it seem like all couples should be evenly matched, but that's really not the case in real life. There are ways, if both in a couple are willing, to help with this issue and make for a happy marriage. Trust me, lots of couples here on the boards have this issue. You are far from alone. Since you're posting here on TMB, I'm going to guess that you're the high drive partner in your marriage?
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

hotrod
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 19th, 1976

Postby hotrod » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:16 am

Unfulfilled shared this on another thread "Reminded me of a Woody Allen movie where it was showing clips of both husband and wife talking individually with a therapist. First Woody is seen saying "they HARDLY EVER have sex, only like twice a week." Then they show the wife saying "we have sex ALL THE TIME, like twice a week."

Makes me laugh, except that is exactly the situation with DW and I.

It's about perspective!

Kel
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 1990

Postby Kel » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:38 am

Yes, I'm the one with the high sex drive! I almost feel there absolutely no interest on the other side. I will admit during the week, I am in bed by 7:30-8, because I get up way early for work. But there's always the weekends! I would give up sleep for more action in the bedroom, way worth it and yes, I've expressed this!

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Kel,

You'll want to read around the forum for the many conversations that have been had in that regard. In summary though, it's all about
1. talking it out and
2. coming to agreements and
3.keeping those agreements.

If a couple cannot do all three of those simple things, then it gets pretty difficult. :(
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

Return to “Lack of Desire”