Marriage Revival!

Ask for prayer for your marriage, and share praise reports about your marriage. Please, marriage only prayers in this section (sexual or non-sexual).
Forum rules
Note that this section is for PRAYER REQUESTS! Please do not argue, analyse, or offer advice here.
HombreDad66
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 6th, 1994

Marriage Revival!

Postby HombreDad66 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Starting in late 2014, my wife and I went through almost a year of painful, uncontrollable situations and struggles which ended up hurting our relationship in every way. We grew apart. For the first time in our then 20+ years of marriage, we experienced a dry season sexually. As times got tougher, we grew further apart. I remember one of the things that hurt was watching such a God-loving woman stop reading the Word. I remember thinking, "She has always been the one who consumed, ate of the Word. Where has her bible gone?" Our 4 children watch two wounded parents grow apart.

Then, my prayer became, "God, heal her and heal me." And "Lord, draw us closer to you again as you also draw us closer to each other." At this time, I started to become the spouse who was consuming, digesting, and claiming the word daily.

Ten months after the struggle began, God revealed Himself to us as Redeemer as He started to change several events in our lives that led to the beginning of healing. Soon after, we shared with each other that we had both been praying for each other’s healing and the healing of our marriage. The result is what I now call a marriage revival! I have seen God start revivals in youth groups, women's groups, men's groups...entire churches. But, this was something new and very quiet and intimate...intimate with God, and intimate between husband and wife. God had truly united us, and continues to draw us closer to Him as he draws us closer to each other. My beautiful, God-seeking wife is back. And, she and I can't keep our hands off of each other! Our kids see the healing as their new remark is, “There they go again, let’s give them some privacy.” Now, in our 23rd year of marriage, this revival we are experiencing has us more intimate than we were before our dry, dark season of life. As Joseph said in Genesis 50:20, what was “intended to harm me, God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done…” He goes on to say, “the saving of many lives.” I believe God is now using my marriage for the saving of many marriages.

Since our marriage revival, I have been put in situations where men close to me have shared that they are currently going through difficult, dry times in their marriages. The Holy Spirit has prompted me to pray the same prayer for their marriages that I prayed for mine – “Lord, draw them closer to their wives as you draw them both closer to you.” I anticipate more testimonies from my friends’ marriages, and maybe from some of you reading this as we pray to draw closer to God and closer to our spouses.

Charles Spurgeon defined the word revive as - "to live again, to receive again a life which has almost expired; to rekindle into a flame the vital spark which was nearly extinguished." I believe that as marriages experience revival; families, churches and communities will truly experience revival.

Let it be so!

Romantic Husband
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 1978

Re: Marriage Revival!

Postby Romantic Husband » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Thank you for your testimony. My DW & I went through a similar experience a couple years ago. With God, all things are possible.
Matthew 19:26 - With God all things are possible.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Return to “Praying for Our Marriages / Praise Reports”