Running

Ask for prayer for your marriage, and share praise reports about your marriage. Please, marriage only prayers in this section (sexual or non-sexual).
Forum rules
Note that this section is for PRAYER REQUESTS! Please do not argue, analyse, or offer advice here.
Tweed
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 1st, 2002

Running

Postby Tweed » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:10 pm

I'm asking for prayer for myself. I know I'm in a tailspin and I will crash and burn if I don't stop seeking sinful outlets to numb my pain and sorrow. I know I need to run straight into God as my Strong Tower where I will be saved, but in truth, I fear the Lover of my soul will only require more pain, more sorrow, more sacrifice, more disappointment, which of course He will if I want to live as Christ. But here I am, a broken sinner saved by grace who seems to continually demonstrate my lack of faithfulness to Him in the many trials. I don't know how to take on His yoke. I'm deeply troubled that I struggle to believe anymore in the goodness of God and that He is trustworthy with my heart. My deep disappointments in my marriage and life over the last 14 years have unfortunately gotten the better of me. Please pray God will help me seek and cling to Him and not seek sinful outlets that are certainly not going to help me or my marriage. Thank you.

hammeringhank
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 3rd, 1977

Re: Running

Postby hammeringhank » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:56 am

Praying for you.

rn2god
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 23rd, 1996

Postby rn2god » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:47 am

I've been there. Pour your life into God, into His Word, into His service, into prayer - cry out to Him - especially during the times that you don't 'feel' like it. He will be there for you. He is our only hope. I will pray for you and for God to pursue you.

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Postby Hiswifeagain » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:56 am

Praying for you, Tweed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:40 am

Lifting you in prayer and praying that you will know His love. Perfect love casts out fear.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

hisadored
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 10th, 1977

Postby hisadored » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:15 am

Read this yesterday, "God is not absent in our pain. He is present in the midst of it." May you feel His presence and see His work in your life and in your character.

N8Jen11
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 17th, 2011

Postby N8Jen11 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Praying for you. I know how you feel but God will never forsake you, keep your eyes up.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Tweed
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 1st, 2002

Postby Tweed » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:48 pm

I just wanted to thank you all for praying. It seems a constant battle, and one I'm so very weary of that I find it harder and harder to stay engaged in the battle and fight. I feel like my battle wounds have been re-bandaged so many times over the years that they haven't been allowed to properly heal and now I'm hemorrhaging. Sometimes I wonder why some people seem to think it's ok to pray that God will take someone home who is in tremendous physical pain but not when someone is in tremendous emotional pain? If one is ok, the other must be as well. This just reflects how I feel in the darkness while I wait, hoping against hope, that the joy that comes in the morning will be soon. I don't want to be hiding in sin to numb my pain, but hiding in the shelter of His wings. I wish I could will myself to surrender for good, but even in this I must somehow rely on His help.

Oh, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee;
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, Lord take and seal it,
Seal it for They courts above!

topview52
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 1985

Postby topview52 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Tweed,
As I am sure you already know…the reason we pray for God to take someone, if it be His will, is that we are seeking His will. There is typically no hope of recovery. And though God can do all things, when a body is run down He often lets it run out. On the other hand the recovery from emotional distresses without respect to its depth is a regular occurrence by the grace and efficacious care of our Lord. Whether it was the 13 plus years of Joseph in a pit, slavery, servitude or prison; the depth of anguish from losses in Job; the sudden sharp pain from loss of provider, companion and descendent to Ruth – God heals, surely God heals from the depth of every loss because He is faithful to Himself, and He promises to care for our needs. He will heal you and as well from this. And He will not stop disciplining you from the sin that you so easily embrace out of hurt and sorrow that are not excuses. Draw close to a man of God you can trust, to cry with, to pray with, to hold you up and be your help and you will begin to feel the breeze of recovery blowing your way.

TV52

Return to “Praying for Our Marriages / Praise Reports”