Need prayers

Ask for prayer for your marriage, and share praise reports about your marriage. Please, marriage only prayers in this section (sexual or non-sexual).
Forum rules
Note that this section is for PRAYER REQUESTS! Please do not argue, analyse, or offer advice here.
mathda
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 11th, 2003

Need prayers

Postby mathda » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:07 pm

First post. Just found this website a few days ago and have been working up the courage to post.

I'm really frustrated. My wife and I have been married 14 yrs and have 4 kids (12, 10, 8, 6). We both work outside of home. We are in a rut. Probably even more so than a rut. We don't fight but just aren't connecting emotionally or physically. Just a slow fade. Wife doesn't have any desire to have sex with me, and I am hurt by the rejection or even the unmotivated participation when we did. We have had sex maybe 2 times since March. We've talked about it and she is just apathetic and not happy with us right now. We are going to counseling for the first time in 2 weeks. To add to this I know she has been using her vibrator lately. This KILLS me as I don't want to be replaced by it. I haven't brought it up as I know she will be defensive and even cold to the fact that she is using it. My deflated ego can't take that at the moment. Scared and anxious about counseling, but I want it to give us hope and help us be healthy.

Please pray for us.

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: Need prayers

Postby SeekingChange » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:58 pm

I am praying. May the Lord turn her heart back towards you. May the Holy Spirit come in and pierce your hearts with conviction. May you both have the willingness, the strength and the perseverance to face your issues as individuals and together, and do the hard work that is required to make things healthy and good. May the Lord hear your prayers and give you a marriage beyond all you could ask or imagine, and as you wait on Him, may you stay faithful in your obedience and love for Him and her.

I am, and my marriage is, a testimony that the Lord can do everything I am praying.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

mathda
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 11th, 2003

Postby mathda » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Thank you. It means a lot. As a man it’s hard to have anyone to talk to about this. Easier to post online. I have some good male friends but deep level conversations on this topic isn’t where I could go. I feel lonely in this at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:11 pm

In the section of prayer requests, we can't offer advice, but you are welcome to start a thread and talk about what's going on, and people can share with you, encourage you or offer advice. Because you are struggling and feeling alone, I encourage you to do that. But I will continue to be praying for you.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

SteveS
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 1997

Postby SteveS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 am

I'm glad you had the courage to post this...and it's hard for a guy to open up..I totally get it...How can I pray for you?

Return to “Praying for Our Marriages / Praise Reports”