Praise Report.

Ask for prayer for your marriage, and share praise reports about your marriage. Please, marriage only prayers in this section (sexual or non-sexual).
Forum rules
Note that this section is for PRAYER REQUESTS! Please do not argue, analyse, or offer advice here.
doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Praise Report.

Postby doug-h » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:37 am

With everything else that has been going on in our lives, sex just seemes like it has become an afterthought. To be honest. I really expect that it will probably be worse in the future, with our adult son moving back in with us.

Friday night, I told my wife I wanted to take her out for a dinner date, at the last minute. I just wanted a respite for both of us from all the worrys, fears and concerns we had been facing.

We went out to a nice restaurant, and even waited almost an hour to be seated. I didn't want to settle for something less than I had envisioned, just because it would have been easier.

Anyways, in hushed voices, because we were surrounded by strangers, we talked about how things were going to change for us, and how some freedoms we had become accustomed to were going to be lost.

We went home, and I knew I had to get up early for a long drive so I went straight to bed, and she immediately followed me. It seemed that she had one intention, and that was to just knock my socks off. I'll just say, it worked. When she gets started, which admittedly has been nowhere near as much as I would like , she is never a stingy lover, but seldom really lets things last for as long as I would like. I will just say that this time was different so as not to provide TMI. Her intention seemed to be to provide maximum pleasure, for as long as possible, and I experienced the most amazing, powerful O of my life. She wouldn't let me return the favor, and ordinarily that would have stung a bit, but this time was different and her motives were very clear in her actions. She just wanted to give me an amazing time.

On a side note, got to Denver last night, and picked my son up and took him out to dinner, and just visited. It was a pleasant beginning to what I know will be a bumpy ride for the two of us. He was sober, and good company, which was very welcome. It would have been a difficult beginning if he had been drinking, so there is praise in that as well.

themrs
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 1st, 2002

Re: Praise Report.

Postby themrs » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:01 am

So happy for you! Thanks for sharing some good news. :D

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:13 am

Moments like these can help sustain you when you experience dips in the journey.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:47 am

Praising God with you! Will continue to pray my friend.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Tweed
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 1st, 2002

Postby Tweed » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Rejoicing with you and praising God.

Return to “Praying for Our Marriages / Praise Reports”