"Believes all things."

Ask for prayer for your marriage, and share praise reports about your marriage. Please, marriage only prayers in this section (sexual or non-sexual).
Forum rules
Note that this section is for PRAYER REQUESTS! Please do not argue, analyse, or offer advice here.
bigloop
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 20th, 1993

"Believes all things."

Postby bigloop » Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 am

You know the scripture. In case not, read 1 Cor 13. As I have endeavored to put this God given guidance into practice, I have reaped the bountiful harvest from sowing the seeds as directed. Sometimes "doing" faith looks different than what you think. But God's way is higher than our ways.

Believing all things is not naivety. On the contrary it is an intentional effort to fill the gap between expectations and experience with the best possible explanation then choosing to believe that about your spouse. It is an intentional battle against selfishness. It is quitting a fight that is actually against ourselves.

Gods way works every time it is tried. You must be patience, you must trust, you must believe.

I am compelled to say - Praise The Lord!
Last edited by bigloop on Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re:

Postby SeekingChange » Thu May 10, 2018 8:27 pm

bigloop wrote:Gods way works every time it is tried.

He is faithful! I praise Him with you!
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Re: "Believes all things."

Postby Hiswifeagain » Wed May 23, 2018 11:32 am

BL,
I really like what you said “Believing all things is not naivety. On the contrary it is an intentional effort to fill the gap between expectations and experience with the best possible explanation then choosing to believe that about your spouse.” I haven’t heard it put this way and I’d like to share it with some people. If those are your words can I share them? I can’t exactly give you credit, but I could say “A friend once said” ..... But I wouldn’t want to presume;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

bigloop
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 20th, 1993

Re:

Postby bigloop » Wed May 23, 2018 1:01 pm

As you like - spread the love

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Re: "Believes all things."

Postby Hiswifeagain » Wed May 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Thanks BL :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

Return to “Praying for Our Marriages / Praise Reports”