Is being sore normal?

Any sexual problems or difficulties not listed in a specific section.
reillyj
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 7th, 1981

Is being sore normal?

Postby reillyj » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Can't believe i'm asking this after years of marriage (well, for a LONG TIME we were considered in a sexless marriage-less than 10 x per yr) and part of the reason may be because i'm perimenopause, and now we are recently having more sex than ever, but...

Ladies, is it normal to be sore after sex? I'm talking about probably the first inch or so of the vagina and the opening? H tries to be gentle and he's not rough when he manually stimulates me but we do a lot of that simply because i love it the best. Our LM'ng does not last long! Probably 20 minutes at the very most and he doesn't have to thrust for long periods of time during PIV.

We do use lube but i'm thinking we need to use it even at the very beginning before any penetration? I am on HRT which has helped and i don't know if there really is any vaginal atrophy (i did start using Carlsons E suppositories which are great) but i do feel somewhat of a soreness/burning for awhile..not overwhelming but just wondering...

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Re: Is being sore normal?

Postby OldMarriedLady » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 pm

We use coconut oil lubricant during manual foreplay, on both of us, so that may help you avoid soreness afterwards.
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:36 pm

If it has not been normal before, its not normal now. Call a physical therapist.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

C_Brown
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1984

Postby C_Brown » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm

See an OBGYN, there could be a medical cause.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing -- Yvaine (in the movie Stardust)

Return to “Other Sexual Changes, Challenges & Difficulties”