Bleeding after sex…question for women?

Any sexual problems or difficulties not listed in a specific section.
luvmyhusband4ever
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 10th, 2015

Bleeding after sex…question for women?

Postby luvmyhusband4ever » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:54 pm

I am newly married (3 weeks) and was a virgin when I got married. After a few attempts, we were able to achieve PIV on the wedding night and afterwards, while sitting on the toilet, I bled and almost passed out (sorry to scare any soon to be married gals). Bleeding stopped after about 10 minutes. Next day we had sex twice and only a tiny bit of spotting. Then we traveled to our honeymoon and the next day when we arrived at the hotel, we had sex and again I had bleeding on the toilet for about 10 minutes. 2 days later, I got my period. Over a week after the period ended (during the the time when I should have been ovulating), I started spotting one day and then had pretty heavy bleeding for 3 days (was filling super plus tampons). Bleeding has now stopped but not sure if it will happen again or if any other women have experienced the same thing. I am in my early 30's so not sure if age has anything to do with it either. Any women care to share if they had any experience with bleeding after losing their virginity… Thanks!

TheTigress
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 1st, 2014

Re: Bleeding after sex…question for women?

Postby TheTigress » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:57 pm

That's not normal bleeding you need to go see your doctor
Together or not at all- Amy Pond

luvmyhusband4ever

Postby luvmyhusband4ever » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:18 pm

I forgot to add that I did see the doctor during this last round of bleeding and she basically said it was abnormal but wasn't too concerned and the only suggestion she offered was birth control pills which i refused for personal reasons and the fact that we want a baby.

pnbb
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 19th, 1995

Postby pnbb » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Are your periods regular? Did your doctor offer to do any lab tests of any sort? Also, was this an OBGYN or a general practitioner? Are you having pain when you have intercourse? Sorry for so many questions.

If you're bleeding heavy (filling super plus tampons) when you should be ovulating, that is not normal. Some women may spot a little when they ovulate but not enough to fill a super plus tampon. I would go see a different doctor.
HE>i

Nvr2Late
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 9th, 2013

Postby Nvr2Late » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:38 am

luvmyhusband4ever wrote:I forgot to add that I did see the doctor during this last round of bleeding and she basically said it was abnormal but wasn't too concerned and the only suggestion she offered was birth control pills which i refused for personal reasons and the fact that we want a baby.
:shock: :shock: :?

PLEASE find another doctor right away!! I had this symptom and not to terrify you, but it's serious. It can be caused by cervical dysplasia. Better to find out early. Please do not wait. Get a second opinion ASAP.

C_Brown
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1984

Postby C_Brown » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Are you using lube? If there is excessive friction that could cause some post sex bleeding.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing -- Yvaine (in the movie Stardust)

luvmyhusband4ever

Postby luvmyhusband4ever » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:28 pm

To reply to some of the questions asked... The doctor I saw was just a general doctor because I couldnt get in quickly to see an OB- GYN. She ordered blood work (which I never heard back from her on), pregnancy test which was negative and an ultrasound that is scheduled for Nov. 24. The bleeding has stopped and has not returned. We always use plenty of lube when we have sex and not experiencing pain (except in certain positions if i am not fully turned on). My period is expected this week but not sure if it will be thrown off by the bleeding.

IM_a_Farmwife
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 24th, 1988
Location: We live in the wide open spaces of the beautiful Minnesota River Valley.

Postby IM_a_Farmwife » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Congrats on your marriage! I noticed that you mentioned that you want to try for babies. I was in my 30's when I had mine. It took nearly 3 years for us to get pregnant. My girlfriend just gave birth to a healthy baby boy, at the age of 48. It's never too late. This is to encourage you guys.

My bleeding is always normal. I can't help you there.

FoxluvsBunny
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 23rd, 2015

Postby FoxluvsBunny » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:24 am

Wanted to ask a quick TMI question here w/ out starting a whole new thread... is a bit of bleeding after sex normal? Have never had it before, and i wonder if i just irritated my cervix or if there is something possibly wrong. We've been pretty frisky and rough lately, and i was dryish yesterday and we were at it for at least 30 minutes pretty rigorously (used lube though)... Woke up this morning and checked my cervix (check because i chart my cycles) and sorry TMI there was some (a bit) blood mixed in with the normal fluid. I believe i am 2 days post ovulation, so it's not the beginning of my period. Nothing since. I do feel a bit irritated there, but i've been slightly irritated before w/ no blood. Thought it was just irritation, but got around to googling it and read some not great things (like polyps infections etc). Have a check up in a few weeks so i'll mention it. Thanks :)
<3, Bunny
Just a Bunny learning everyday what it means to Love and Live Harmoniously with a Fox

But if you tame me then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world.~TLP

FoxluvsBunny
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 23rd, 2015

Postby FoxluvsBunny » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:04 am

So i got a pap and exam everything was absolutely fine/healthy... but i have a feeling it's something hormonal causing this and not irritation, because this spotting has been happening after ovulation during the past few cycles. Pretty much at the same time of the month- from right after ovulation to period i'll have a bit of spotting (and even not after sex). Would make sense as i have a bunch of endocrine issues, so maybe something is slightly out of balance here.
<3, Bunny
Just a Bunny learning everyday what it means to Love and Live Harmoniously with a Fox

But if you tame me then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world.~TLP

Return to “Other Sexual Changes, Challenges & Difficulties”