Injuries?

Any sexual problems or difficulties not listed in a specific section.
Vanna
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 20th, 1994

Injuries?

Postby Vanna » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Okay- I haven't posted in a bit, but I've got a question...

So, things got a little gymnastic the other day, and (for about a week now) my left shoulder, to the front (just before the collar bone and arm socket meet) is angry with me.

I can move it fine and pick up things fine, and it's less angry each day although I try to avoid sleeping on it so it can heal. I've never strained or pulled anything in this area before... What would be better - cold or heat? Is there something else that I can put on it?

Thanks in advance.
After 28 years and six kids, through the good and bad, by the grace of God, things keep getting better and better. ::wed

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Re: Injuries?

Postby doug-h » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:10 am

Sounds like you likely injured the AC joint. It sounds pretty mild, and should recover with rest, and maybe ice. Ibuprofen or aspirin might help. A warm compress can provide comfort, but the current medical opinion is that ice has the greater therapeutic value.

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Postby Hiswifeagain » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:14 am

Vanna, ice will only help for the first 24 to 48 hours (in terms of anti-inflammatory effects) after that heat will help relax it more. Gentle range of motion exercises and rest should take care of it. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

OldBear
King bed

Postby OldBear » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:35 am

Good suggestions.

If the pain doesn't subside or if your sleep is interrupted due to general pain in the shoulder particularly when you sleep on your side, have it checked out. You may have a rotator cuff tear.

Vanna
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 20th, 1994

Postby Vanna » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:30 am

Thank you, All. I appreciate it. :) nothing says "Not a spring chicken" like waking up the next day trying to figure out why your body is hurting in a new place... ;) I used to be invincible. Lol.
After 28 years and six kids, through the good and bad, by the grace of God, things keep getting better and better. ::wed

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Postby doug-h » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Well, at least you have a good story to tell, if you choose to.

I managed to re-injure my shoulder a few weeks ago, and all I could say is the truth (wrecked while mountain biking) because one of our Pastors was riding with me and caught it on video. Somehow, the scars from my Wipeouts seem to be accumulating at an accelerated rate the older I get.

On the other hand, I seldom have to wonder the next day where a new ache came from. Usually it is more of a case of "this is really going to hurt tomorrow".

jokerman
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 15th, 1987

Postby jokerman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:30 pm

I was in physical therapy for the past six months for both of my shoulders. The PT sessions included a series of easy stretches and movements with bands and light weights, and every session ended with 20 minutes of ice. So, I think ice is helpful beyond just the immediate time of the injury; it seems like therapists are always using it. And athletes are constantly icing after a performance.

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Postby Hiswifeagain » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:09 pm

I believe the ice after therapy and after athletic performances is to combat inflammation r/t the exercise they've just done. My understanding is this was a one time over use injury. Not sure how helpful the ice would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

Return to “Other Sexual Changes, Challenges & Difficulties”