Gall Bladder Surgery

Any sexual problems or difficulties not listed in a specific section.
Graypoet
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 2nd, 1978

Gall Bladder Surgery

Postby Graypoet » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:05 am

My beloved wife underwent laparoscopic gall bladder removal last week. All went well with the surgery, PTL! We both met with the surgeon prior to surgery and the topic of intimacy was never discussed. Maybe he looked at our age and thot that part of our life was over! In any event, have any members experienced this medical issue and how long was your recovery?
Proverbs 5:18-19 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

John S.

Re: Gall Bladder Surgery

Postby John S. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:29 am

I had emergency laproscopic gall bladder surgery on April 4th, 2 months ago. For me, the physical part of recovery took about a month, but the anesthesia wearing off takes longer. Don't worry though, she will be fine although in pain for a few weeks. I wound up giving the surgeon back the bottle of Oxycontin he prescribed for pain and only used ibuprofen.

rdierdorf
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 26th, 1980

Postby rdierdorf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:33 am

Had to laugh a little. After I had quintuple heart bypass surgery about 8 years ago, I was at my final follow up with the surgeon, my wife with me. This was about a month after the surgery. The doctor didn't mention sexual limitations, so I asked him, much to my wife's embrassment, how long before resuming sex? He just smiled and said, whenever you feel like it. Just don't strain your rib cage too much too soon. :D if you have any doubts, ask point blank about any medical limitations. And John S. is right, it can take a long time for anesthesia effects to completely clear out, so show grace and go slow.
Striving to be an Ephesians 5 husband

Graypoet
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 2nd, 1978

Postby Graypoet » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Thank you both for your comments and advice!
Proverbs 5:18-19 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

GaryB
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 26th, 1981

Postby GaryB » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:18 am

For us, it was 21 days following my gall bladder surgery in May of 2013 before we had sex. Of course, I was eager and ready but my wife wanted to be more cautious.

Return to “Other Sexual Changes, Challenges & Difficulties”