Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Icons next to thread titles?

Rules, how-to’s, and FAQ. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Hiswifeagain
Queen bed
Queen bed

Icons next to thread titles?

Post by Hiswifeagain »

In spite of being from the original boards, I still don't know what the icons next to thread names ie flames, light bulbs. Also sometimes they are in different colors. I think I figured out that if it has an asterisk it means I've participated in that thread. Is there a legend somewhere that explains what they mean?
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Icons next to thread titles?

Post by PaulB »

Hiswifeagain wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:02 pm In spite of being from the original boards, I still don't know what the icons next to thread names ie flames, light bulbs. Also sometimes they are in different colors. I think I figured out that if it has an asterisk it means I've participated in that thread. Is there a legend somewhere that explains what they mean?
The flame and light bulb are selected by the author of the post. Look for "Post Icon" when writing a post. (Not sure where they are on a phone.)
We have never given them any meaning, they are just a part of the default phpBB install.
I used the mean green one for this post! :mrgreen:
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
David
King bed
King bed

Post by David »

@PaulB I think you might be talking about slightly different icons.
I think the OP is referring to the icon next to the thread title, rather than the icons on individual posts.
Not quite sure that I understand those icons.
LuckyInLove
King bed
King bed

Post by LuckyInLove »

I think the fire symbol next to a thread just means it’s a hot topic and has received a lot of replies.
WirelessRouter
Double
Double

Post by WirelessRouter »

David wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:41 pm @PaulB I think you might be talking about slightly different icons.
I think the OP is referring to the icon next to the thread title, rather than the icons on individual posts.
The icons are the same in both places.
LuckyInLove wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 pm I think the fire symbol next to a thread just means it’s a hot topic and has received a lot of replies.
No, it just means the OP selected the fire symbol as the thread icon.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

WirelessRouter wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:32 pm
David wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:41 pm @PaulB I think you might be talking about slightly different icons.
The icons are the same in both places.
LuckyInLove wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 pm I think the fire symbol next to a thread just means it’s a hot topic and has received a lot of replies.
No, it just means the OP selected the fire symbol as the thread icon.
The non-wired router is correct.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
LuckyInLove
King bed
King bed

Post by LuckyInLove »

Really? I guess it’s just a coincidence then!
Hiswifeagain
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Hiswifeagain »

LuckyInLove wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:44 pm Really? I guess it’s just a coincidence then!
That was my second thought. I first thought the fire symbol meant it was something contentious, :oops:

I got it to work. Funny that in all my time on TMB I never noticed those icons at the top. ::rofl
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
David
King bed
King bed

Post by David »

There's sometimes a small icon next to the thread title that the author can set.

However there are a few different thread icons. The general icon is a red square with white fill and lines across it like writing on a page. Locked threads have a red square with white fill and a diagonal line across them.

There are 2 or 3 others.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I believe at the top, if you makes a comment in the thread, it looks like a ribbon end, I believe signifying it is "bookmarked". It would probably do the same thing if you chose to " bookmark" it too, without a comment.

And then when a thread is made "sticky", which means it stays at the top, there's an up arrow at the bottom of the square.... you can go to the QOTD to see an example of that.

This is off of memory and off of watching and guessing, so I could be slightly wrong. This also may vary by what board style you have chosen, I have not investigated that.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

Return to “Rules, How To's and FAQ's”