How to use bold, font colours, font size, emoticons & mo

Rules and guidelines, and how to do things. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
cabbageface

Postby cabbageface » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:15 am

hey, i know how to do the quote box, but i dont know how to make it say anything but "quote." i see everyone else putting "so and so says" above the quote, but i dont know how! :S

The Duece
Queen bed

Postby The Duece » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:31 am

How do I do an internal link that goes directly to a particular post in a thread? I've seen several that have a particular number in the text line that references a particular post in a string of posts. Where do I find that reference number?
Thanx,
The Duece
John 13:35 - By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

MamaTo4247

Postby MamaTo4247 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:12 am

cabbageface wrote:hey, i know how to do the quote box, but i dont know how to make it say anything but "quote." i see everyone else putting "so and so says" above the quote, but i dont know how! :S

If you put quote="so and so" it will give you the name of the person you're quoting.

~A

MamaTo4247

Postby MamaTo4247 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:14 am

The Duece wrote:How do I do an internal link that goes directly to a particular post in a thread? I've seen several that have a particular number in the text line that references a particular post in a string of posts. Where do I find that reference number?

If you click on the little note icon in the upper left-hand side of any post (the one that indicates if it's new or already read), it will give you the link to that particular post. Cut and paste that link into the thread and off you go.

~Alise

The Duece
Queen bed

Postby The Duece » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:24 am

MamaTo4247 wrote:
The Duece wrote:How do I do an internal link that goes directly to a particular post in a thread? I've seen several that have a particular number in the text line that references a particular post in a string of posts. Where do I find that reference number?

If you click on the little note icon in the upper left-hand side of any post (the one that indicates if it's new or already read), it will give you the link to that particular post. Cut and paste that link into the thread and off you go.

~Alise

All these years looking for that and I'd still never come upon it. THANX!!!
Thanx,
The Duece
John 13:35 - By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

cabbageface

Postby cabbageface » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:25 am

MamaTo4247 wrote:
cabbageface wrote:
hey, i know how to do the quote box, but i dont know how to make it say anything but "quote." i see everyone else putting "so and so says" above the quote, but i dont know how! :S

If you put quote="so and so" it will give you the name of the person you're quoting.

~A

thanks!! :D

datepalm
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 18th, 1980

Postby datepalm » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:59 am

Something I found out....

When you give your opinion, instead of saying "0.02" or "two cents", it's possible to say

2¢!

I just held down the option key and typed "4" --at least that's how it works on Apple. Someone with a PC might want to check it out.

There you go...just my 2¢! :D :wink:

Datepalm
What if God's primary intent for your marriage isn't to make you happy...but to make you holy?
--Gary Thomas (Sacred Marriage)

Overjoyed Wifey

Postby Overjoyed Wifey » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:25 am

let me try....

"4"

Overjoyed Wifey

Postby Overjoyed Wifey » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:26 am

nope doesn't work on a PC....unless it's just operator error. :mrgreen:

sheila
California King

Postby sheila » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:26 am

datepalm wrote:Something I found out....

When you give your opinion, instead of saying "0.02" or "two cents", it's possible to say

2¢!

I just held down the option key and typed "4" --at least that's how it works on Apple. Someone with a PC might want to check it out.

There you go...just my 2¢! :D :wink:

Datepalm

What's an option key?

Love, Sheila
Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings. Psalm 17:8 NKJV

Overjoyed Wifey

Postby Overjoyed Wifey » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:31 am

sheila wrote:
What's an option key?

Love, Sheila

I don't know So I tried the Ctrl key and got nothing, I tried the Alt key and got nothing and then tried the Window's key and it actually let me type....I don't think PC's have and "option" key....

sheila
California King

Postby sheila » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:35 am

Sheila can type a cent symbol in Word. (Yahoo is my friend!) You do that by holding down the alt key while typing 0162 on the number pad, then hit enter.

But, I still can't do it on TMB!

Love, Sheila
Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings. Psalm 17:8 NKJV

Overjoyed Wifey

Postby Overjoyed Wifey » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:37 am

sheila wrote:Sheila can type a cent symbol in Word. (Yahoo is my friend!) You do that by holding down the alt key while typing 0162 on the number pad, then hit enter.

But, I still can't do it on TMB!

Love, Sheila

:shock: That's more work than just writing out the word, or putting $.02

sheila
California King

Postby sheila » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:45 am

Okay, now I've found another way how to do the cent sign in Word:

You hit the control key, plus the forward slash, plus the "c" key.

But, I STILL can't do this on TMB.

Love, Sheila

datepalm
King bed

Postby datepalm » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:06 pm

Alt key?

I'll have access ro a Dell tomorrow--maybe I can figure it out then!

Datepalm
What if God's primary intent for your marriage isn't to make you happy...but to make you holy?

datepalm
King bed

Postby datepalm » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:15 pm

Couldn't get to the Dell today...the library was closed...grrrr! :x I'll try again tomorrow.

Datepalm

etainmidir
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 26th, 1989

Re: How to use bold, font colours, font size, emoticons & mo

Postby etainmidir » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:23 am

Paul B wrote:
The URL tag
This tag forms clickable links. You can set just the link, such as:

http://www.themarriagebed.com

or make a word or words into a link like this:

The Marriage Bed - tech support for your marraige

The code for these two links, with the bracket change from [ and ] to { and }, is:

{url}http://www.themarriagebed.com[/url}
{url=http://www.themarriagebed.com}The Marriage Bed - tech support for your marraige{/url]

Quite a while ago, another member told me how make a word a clickable link, but I have forgotten how. I tried your example above, but it didn't work. I seem to recall that the way the other member told me how to do it was different from what you have instructed. What am I doing wrong?

Return to “Rules, Guidelines, How To's and FAQ's”