PM's (Private Messages) and blind e-mail

Rules and guidelines, and how to do things. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Paul B
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

PM's (Private Messages) and blind e-mail

Postby Paul B » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:47 pm

The board system is designed to allow you to be anonymous, and yet communicate with other users. The PM, or private message service and blind e-mail allow you to communicate on two levels.

About the PM system:
PM's are like a private e-mail system that never leaves the server that TMB is hosted on. At the top of each page between "Profile" and "Log out" is a line that says either "You have no new messages " or "You have x new messages ." Clicking on this link opens you PM page. You can then view PM's you have sent, have received and have saved. You can also move and delete messages. If you know another persons's user name you can send them a PM with the "New Post" button. You can PM the TMB oversight group with the text link to the right of "Savebox".

Sending a PM in response to a post.
Below each post are some buttons - including the PM button. Clicking on this will open your PM page with a message addressed to the person who made the post.

Blind e-mail
If a user has made their e-mail available, there will be an e-mail button below their posts. This button opens up an e-mail program on the TMB server and allows you to send an e-mail, but does not disclose the recipients e-mail address. The e-mail will show to come from the e-mail address you used to sign up for the list, and the recipient can directly e-mail you if they like.

harley01
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 6th, 1968

Re: PM's (Private Messages) and blind e-mail

Postby harley01 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:40 pm

On my page it says I can't PM. Why

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:12 pm

I believe you have to have 20 posts before you can PM.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Job29Man
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:31 pm

That's correct. Our new rules and system are set so that one must have 20 posts on the forum before being able to post. This is to prevent abuse by people who might come to the forum mainly to PM rather than to be a part of the community. 20 posts gives the membership and the Mods time to get acquainted with a new member. I'd also advise that when anyone gets any PM that seems to probe too personally, or makes you feel uncomfortable at all, please forward the PM to a Moderator or OG member, or to "og" or "the Mods."

We advise new members to ask their questions on the open forum. It is very secure, and quite anonymous. No need to PM to preserve privacy; this forum is anonymous and private as it is.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

harley01
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 6th, 1968

Postby harley01 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:07 am

Thank you. You have answered a question for me I've been wondering about for a while.

Return to “Rules, Guidelines, How To's and FAQ's”