Following a thread (topic) without having to log in

Rules and guidelines, and how to do things. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Paul B
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Following a thread (topic) without having to log in

Postby Paul B » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:07 pm

If you want to follow one or a few threads, you may not want to check the boards regularly. Fortunately, you can ask the system to send you an e-mail when a thread receives new posts. At the bottom of any page in the thread you wish to follow, click on "Watch this topic for replies." You will now receive an e-mail when a post is made. To stop receiving e-mails, go to the topic and click on "Stop watching this topic" - which is where "Watch this topic for replies" was before.

Cici

How to keep track of a thread I've started to read

Postby Cici » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:21 pm

I have a question:

Oftentimes I come here and only have time to skim the subjects and breeze over a couple of threads. Sometimes I start to read one that I don't have time to finish and would like to return to (this is true of longer threads especially). I usually sign up to get emails when new posts are added to the thread. However, if no new posts are made, the next time I log in I may not find the thread readily since I've already read it and it doesn't come up on the unread list...

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether or not there is a way to "bookmark" a thread. What I ususally do is try and jot down the thread section and title so that I can go and look at it later, but I always seem to lose that little piece of paper I write on... :? :D

Hope what I am asking is clear here.

-cici

Paul B
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Re: How to keep track of a thread I've started to read

Postby Paul B » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:21 pm

Cici wrote:Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether or not there is a way to "bookmark" a thread. What I ususally do is try and jot down the thread section and title so that I can go and look at it later, but I always seem to lose that little piece of paper I write on... :? :D

The current system does not allow that, I'd like to have it in the future.

However, there is a way to make it happen with just a bit of work. Each post has a unique indetifiing URL. On the top line of each post, to the right of the author information (avatar, location and so on) you will see line with "Posted: Fri Feb ...." Just before the word posted is an icon of a piece of paper. Put your cursor over that icon, and click it to go to a page that starts with that post. You can then bookmark the page for later, or copy the URL.

<>< Paul

Cici

Postby Cici » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:03 pm

Cool. Works for me! Thanks!

tractor
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 14th, 1985

Postby tractor » Sun May 11, 2008 10:06 am

I found where you can view your prior posts which includes your comments, however if there are several pages of comments you may have to sort through them all to see what you said and what people after you said. Is there a shortcut where you can go right to you own comments?

Voveo Uxor
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 16th, 1997

Postby Voveo Uxor » Sun May 11, 2008 7:43 pm

Find one of your own posts, and click on the "profile" button at the bottom of it. This takes you to the profile page of yours that everyone sees.

Next, click on "find all posts by yourname" and it will show you ONLY your own posts; to see if anyone has followed up on your post, you have to click each thread link separately.

For what it's worth, I use Firefox, and I like to open each one separately in tabs. As I finish with each thread, I just close that tab and go to the next one.
Voveo Uxor
"[God is] a hedonist at heart. All those fasts and vigils and stakes and crosses are only a facade...He has filled His world full of pleasures."--C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

jude700
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 19th, 1997

Re: How to keep track of a thread I've started to read

Postby jude700 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:27 am

Paul B wrote:
Cici wrote:Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether or not there is a way to "bookmark" a thread. What I ususally do is try and jot down the thread section and title so that I can go and look at it later, but I always seem to lose that little piece of paper I write on... :? :D

The current system does not allow that, I'd like to have it in the future.

However, there is a way to make it happen with just a bit of work. Each post has a unique indetifiing URL. On the top line of each post, to the right of the author information (avatar, location and so on) you will see line with "Posted: Fri Feb ...." Just before the word posted is an icon of a piece of paper. Put your cursor over that icon, and click it to go to a page that starts with that post. You can then bookmark the page for later, or copy the URL.

<>< Paul

Has this changed? Also having problems with smilies and finding unreads in some of the strips.

Enjoy the site and am sharing with others.
He is risen!

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: Following a thread (topic) without having to log in

Postby SeekingChange » Tue May 02, 2017 6:22 am

I don't know a lot, but I can tell you with me, on the full web version (vs. tapatalk, etc), to "bookmark" or "subscribe" to a thread, there's a tool emblem by the "post reply" button, and you click on that. To find "unread posts" or "unanswered posts" and others, there'a a "Quick links" at the top left.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Return to “Rules, Guidelines, How To's and FAQ's”