Removing of posts

Rules and guidelines, and how to do things. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Paul B
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Removing of posts

Postby Paul B » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:18 am

Been a lot of talk about editing of posts. There are several different things going on with this.

Some posts are removed because they violate the rules.

Some are removed because the author requests it (at least once a month someone wants every post they have ever made removed - if this person started a thread, we may remove the entire thread).

We also get requests to removed a thread someone started because it's caused them trouble, or they think it may, or they realise it was unfair. Since others have usually quoted the original, removing the thread is the only fast and sure way to remove all of the person's words.

We also routinely edit old threads that are rather personal - especially things in the affairs section.

Some sections, including most of the Off Topic ones, are automatically pruned by the system when they fall silent for more than a few days.

Finally we merge and clean up threads to make it easier for folks looking for information to find it. Most long threads have a lot off-topic stuff that is of no use a month after it's written, and just makes it harder for folks to find what they are looking for. We want a wide array of ideas and opinions, so if a thread has 60 posts and 50 are about the same, we will keep most or all of the other 10, and a representative few of the 50.

If you are one of those folks (as I am) who feels a need to reply to virtually everything, you can expect to get pruned a lot. I have made it very clear that my posts are to be removed whenever possible, and when I prune I always remove more of my posts than the next several folks combined.

<>< Paul

Princess Peach

Postby Princess Peach » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 pm

if you delete your own post, will it take away from your post count?

Lori B
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 28th, 1985

Postby Lori B » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:43 pm

Princess Peach wrote:if you delete your own post, will it take away from your post count?

Yes, the number under your name is the current number of posts that you have. If they are removed the number goes down.

Lori <><

Paul B
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Postby Paul B » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:47 pm

Princess Peach wrote:if you delete your own post, will it take away from your post count?

Yes.
Paul
Marriage and Sex Educator ~ My passion is better marriages and better married sex lives.

The Generous Husband
The XY Code - Attempting to explain men to women.
Follow me on Twitter @themarriagebed

Return to “Rules, Guidelines, How To's and FAQ's”