FAQ Index - how to use the TMB message boards

Rules and guidelines, and how to do things. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
tmbadmin
Site Admin

FAQ Index - how to use the TMB message boards

Postby tmbadmin » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:22 am

Avid Husband

Postby Avid Husband » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:08 pm

What do the bed size designations refer to [under our user name in a post]?

KyWildcat
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 29th, 1990

Postby KyWildcat » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:22 am

It's based on the number of posts you have. As your post count increases you bed will change...
Marriage will show your immaturity and selfishness faster than anything on earth. You either grow up or grow apart. It's your choice.

© A Grown Up Marriage
TMB Copyright and Fair Use

mm
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 15th, 1987

closing an account

Postby mm » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:04 am

How does one go about closing an account?
The reason we're here as man and woman
Is to love each other
Take care of each other
When love walks in the room, everybody stand up!
--Chrissie Hynde Message of Love

KyWildcat
Under the stars

Re: closing an account

Postby KyWildcat » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:29 am

mm wrote:How does one go about closing an account?

Make a request to the Oversight Group (og@themarriagebed.com)
Marriage will show your immaturity and selfishness faster than anything on earth. You either grow up or grow apart. It's your choice.

© A Grown Up Marriage

sakura

locked topice

Postby sakura » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:06 am

I was just wondering why topic become locked. I posted in a topic on tatoos and it is now locked what does that mean? I do not have time to keep reading rules right now I could not find it after twenty minutes so i thought I would just ask

MamaTo4247

Postby MamaTo4247 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:15 am

Threads are locked for various reasons. Sometimes they're locked because they're duplicate threads (these generally contain links to the larger, more pertinent discussions). Sometimes they're locked because emotions are running high and the moderators want to give folks a breather so they can calm down and then they're reopenned. Sometimes they're locked because they have drifted from the primary purpose of the board (marital intimacy). Sometimes they're locked for good because the discussion is more of an argument than a discussion and is unlikely to ever be resolved. Often it's a combination of several issues.

If you feel that a topic has been wrongly locked, you can pm any of the moderators (who will share your PM with the other mods) or email the OG at og@themarriagebed.com.

~Alise

Land32
Twin size

"Views"

Postby Land32 » Sat May 13, 2006 10:55 am

Across the top of the forum descriptions, what does "views" mean?
Intoxicated by my wife

Dale
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Re: "Views"

Postby Dale » Sat May 13, 2006 11:05 am

Land32 wrote:Across the top of the forum descriptions, what does "views" mean?

It is the number of times the thread has been looked at. It is NOT an accurate number of different people looking, however. For example, I may look at a thread once and then come back to it later, which means the view count has gone up, even though nothing new may have been added to the thread. So, what you see is just a rough ballpark of the number of people who have viewed a thread, and should not be taken as accurate.

Dale

Snow_White

"watching a topic"

Postby Snow_White » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:50 pm

Hi!

What does it mean if I am "watching" a topic? How do I find topics I'm "watching"?

::tnx :wave

SW

cvw_10

Re: "watching a topic"

Postby cvw_10 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:54 pm

Snow_White wrote:Hi!

What does it mean if I am "watching" a topic? How do I find topics I'm "watching"?

::tnx :wave

SW

In your profile, you have an option to be alerted if someone replies to a post you are watching. By watching a topic, you are asking the boards to alert you if someone replies to that post.

ukbound

Postby ukbound » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:24 pm

Often times, when I post a reply to a topic, it gets posted to the thread upwards to 3 or 4 pages after the particular comment to which I am responding. By the time it gets added to the thread, my comment is totally irrelevant to the discussion. Why for is this?

Lori B
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 28th, 1985

Postby Lori B » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:46 pm

ukbound wrote:Often times, when I post a reply to a topic, it gets posted to the thread upwards to 3 or 4 pages after the particular comment to which I am responding. By the time it gets added to the thread, my comment is totally irrelevant to the discussion. Why for is this?

Your post will be posted in order of time posted. If you are responding to an old post, your post might come after several others have posted. The other problem might be that your time stamp is incorrect. Click on the "Profile" link at the top of the page and scroll down to "Timezone:" Greenwich Mean Time

Lori <><

Paul B
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Postby Paul B » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:22 pm

Lori B wrote:Your post will be posted in order of time posted. If you are responding to an old post, your post might come after several others have posted.

This is why quoting a bit of what you are replying to is helpful.

You can look at the time and date stamp to get an idea of how old something is, and if it's going to be separated from what you are replying to.

<>< Paul "looking up and enjoying the view" Byerly

McGruff
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 17th, 2006

Postby McGruff » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:59 am

This might be addressed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

On each specific forums page, to the left of each thread topic name is some icon. For announcements, it's an "i" in a triangle, for stickies, it's a push pin, and for most topics, it looks like a sheet of paper or post-it note.

Just curious...what does it mean when that sheet of paper is shaking and moving in and out (as opposed to not moving)?
-McGruff

KyWildcat
Under the stars

Postby KyWildcat » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:05 am

McGruff wrote:This might be addressed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

On each specific forums page, to the left of each thread topic name is some icon. For announcements, it's an "i" in a triangle, for stickies, it's a push pin, and for most topics, it looks like a sheet of paper or post-it note.

Just curious...what does it mean when that sheet of paper is shaking and moving in and out (as opposed to not moving)?

It means it's a fairly active topic. There have been a number of posts to that topic in a certain period of time.

KW

© A Grown Up Marriage

cmc0620
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 20th, 2009

Re: FAQ Index - how to use the TMB message boards

Postby cmc0620 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:07 pm

How do I change my username?

God's Geek
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 22nd, 1989

Postby God's Geek » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:38 am

cmc0620 wrote:How do I change my username?

Just ask the OG.

Click on "new messages" above in the lighter blue bar
Then click on the "New PM" button
Then click on "og" in the box on the right and click "Add"
Type your message requesting a new username in the message window, including the name you want
Click "Submit" at the bottom

Congratulations, you've just sent your first PM to the Oversight Group

GG
Saddle up your horses, we got a trail to blaze; Through the wild blue yonder, of God's amazing grace!
Lets follow our leader, into the great unknown; This is a life like no other, this is the GREAT ADVENTURE!
-Steven Curtis Chapman

Eggers84

Postby Eggers84 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi I am new to the boards and when I am not logged in I can read all of the boards, but when I am logged in it will not let me post on certain boards. I don't really understand why. I was trying to post to a person about a miscarriage because I had one recently and would have liked to discuss further about trying to get pregnant again. Why can't I get on those boards logged in?

Dale

Postby Dale » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 am

Eggers84 wrote:Hi I am new to the boards and when I am not logged in I can read all of the boards, but when I am logged in it will not let me post on certain boards. I don't really understand why. I was trying to post to a person about a miscarriage because I had one recently and would have liked to discuss further about trying to get pregnant again. Why can't I get on those boards logged in?

After you join the boards, you have to opt in to certain areas to see them. Go to the User Control Panel (left side of the screen, light blue banner), then click on Usergroups. Once there, you can opt in one at a time to whichever sections you want to see. You have to hit submit after each choice, but it doesn't take very long.

Dale

Return to “Rules, Guidelines, How To's and FAQ's”