partial placental previa

How do pregnancy and the first year after birth impact a couples sexuality?
pseudoR
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 11th, 2012

partial placental previa

Postby pseudoR » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:42 am

So my wife and I are expecting our first child. We just hit 19 weeks and had an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed the placenta is partially covering the cervix os. Obviously this is not the best news, but we are going to do a our best to deal with it. Initially we were told no sex, but that we could be creative. However, no they are saying they don't know if an orgasm is safe or not. I've done some research online and there is no consensus opinion on the matter. I'm not sure what we are going to do. My guess is she's not going to want anything, but on the rare occasion may offer to perform OS on me. I may just have to step up my back rubs or something.

mamame
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Re: partial placental previa

Postby mamame » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:37 am

With my first pregnancy I could have no sexual simulation from weeks 26 on.

It was very difficult because doing anything for dh sexually aroused me which was a no-go.

My suggestion is not to guess - but to talk to your wife about it.

....posted from phone

Maneo
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 28th, 2011

Postby Maneo » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:03 pm

My wife is 16 weeks and an ultrasound at 12 weeks indicated the same condition and the same advice for no PIV or any activity such as a climax for her that may jeopardize. In fact since the first doctor visit that confirmed pregnancy at about 4 weeks the medical advice for a variety of reasons had been to abstain which we have.

We are a couple used to regular frequent intimacy. We enjoy physical intimacy in other ways though we often curtail the intensity before either or both get too excited. She is happy to provide me with a climax through various means and she feels fine if I also engage in self gratification.

Yet I feel better not indulging myself to share with her this momentary abstinence. A small price to pay for the miracle of life God has given us.

Kilarin
Under the stars

Postby Kilarin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:29 am

Praying for you, your wife, and your child!

pseudoR
Twin size

Postby pseudoR » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:34 am

Thank you for your comments and prayers. Unfortunately things have gotten worse. She's bleeding constantly and ended up in the hospital once. Things could still get better, but if they don't we may have to re-located to larger centre with a NICU in case an emergency delivery is needed. This isn't something we were expecting, but we'll make it through.

Kilarin
Under the stars

Postby Kilarin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Still praying! .

Maneo
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 28th, 2011

Postby Maneo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 pm

The health of the baby and the mom are critical concerns. Hope for the best. Prayers for both mom and baby.

tentsofpurple
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 4th, 2004

Postby tentsofpurple » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:58 pm

I am praying for your wife and baby!

pseudoR
Twin size

Postby pseudoR » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:52 am

So its been an eventful last little while for me. Two weeks ago my wife woke up in a pool of blood. I rushed her to the local hospital and it didn't take them long to medivac her to a larger center. That was quite the ordeal in itself. It was a cold morning, -20 C, and the plane was outside. Once we got her and an incubator loaded up inside, de-iced, and warmed up the pilot got an alarm and couldn't fly. We then had to call in two more pilots and get her on a different plane. When it was all said and done it took about 10 hours from when i took her to the local hospital and getting her to major hospital with a NICU. We had a crazy 24 hours at the new hospital, but fortunately she's stable and the baby is okay (and still in her). She's now admitted to the hospital and will be there until the baby comes, which hopefully will not be for another few months.

I have been very fortunate and thank God for the support we have received from our family and friends back home. They have sent us clothes and helped watch our house. Unfortunately a troubled young man my Dad was trying to help through his ministry found out my house was empty and broke in. That was a real kick you while you're down moment, but i'm trying to focus on the fact that my wife and baby are okay.

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:16 pm

That baby will have quite a story to hear while growing up! I'm glad mama and baby are okay.

Is your wife familiar with Sidelines? It is a support network for women with high-risk pregnancies (and their husbands, too). They were my sanity saver when I spent a few months on bedrest back in the dark ages before the internet. There are resources for women confined to either hospital or home, and your wife would be able to connect with a volunteer for one-on-one support or participate in online chats. No one understands what it is like to be stuck in bed trying to stay pregnant like another woman who's been there.

Make sure you do some things for you now, even if you feel a little guilty doing so. You need to take care of yourself right now in order to be a better support for your wife and baby.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

pseudoR
Twin size

Postby pseudoR » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:13 pm

Well my little girl just could not wait and had to come into the world on Dec 15 at 28 weeks 4 days. We've had some ups and downs, but all things considered she's done quite well for her gestation. We're six and a half weeks into the NICU with about another three and a half to go. Being away from home is tough, but it will be all worth it when we finally get to go home.

Does anyone have any suggestions on something not time consuming that i can do for my wife on Valentines Day?

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:30 am

I don't have suggestions, but I want to congratulate you on your new little one. May The Lord bless her with good health and growth. May she thrive in your family and in The Lord.

Blessings to you all.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:48 pm

pseudoR wrote:Well my little girl just could not wait and had to come into the world on Dec 15 at 28 weeks 4 days. We've had some ups and downs, but all things considered she's done quite well for her gestation. We're six and a half weeks into the NICU with about another three and a half to go. Being away from home is tough, but it will be all worth it when we finally get to go home.

Does anyone have any suggestions on something not time consuming that i can do for my wife on Valentines Day?

Congratulations on your daughter's arrival!

Would your wife be willing to leave the hospital for a while, or are you looking for something that she could enjoy while she's in and around NICU?

A couple things come to mind that could be done in the hospital. One would be to see if you could do something special in the hospital cafeteria. The food might not be awesome, but you could take a table cloth, nice dishes, some battery-operated candles, and an mp3 player plugged into small speakers to have a special dinner.

Also, if there is a beauty school nearby, perhaps a student (or find someone from an actual salon) could come and give your wife a nice shampoo and cut in a parent waiting area. Or maybe you could have a nail stylist come and give her a pedicure.

You might also ask the NICU nurses what they have seen other couples do. They might also be able to put you in touch with hospital staff who could help you make any necessary arrangements.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

HisLadybug
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 11th, 2006

Postby HisLadybug » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:55 pm

Congrats on your new blessing and how sweet of you to want to do something for your wife on Valentine's day even in these challenging circumstances.
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock and sweet you roll
lost for you
I'm so lost for you
-Dave Matthews band

Return to “Pregnancy and Postpartum”