Ouch!!!

How do pregnancy and the first year after birth impact a couples sexuality?
Hislittlefirecracker
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 26th, 2012

Ouch!!!

Postby Hislittlefirecracker » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:13 pm

I am 6 months postpartum with our first child, and to put it bluntly, sex hurts. I am breastfeeding, so I know that vaginal dryness is contributing to the issue, but it seriously feels like my vagina is about 3 times smaller than it used to be. We NEVER had any problems with me being too tight before, not even on our wedding night, and now DH has a hard time even getting in. Using tons of lube is the only way to even make it bearable for me, and even then it still hurts pretty bad. There are enough challenges to our sex lives as new parents without this problem too. At this point sex = pain for me. :( Any advise?

HisLadybug
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 11th, 2006

Re: Ouch!!!

Postby HisLadybug » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:10 pm

You may need to switch to other means of release for you both until IC is workable again. Oral sex, breast sex or handjobs for him, oral and manual for you.

We had to stop IC at 37 weeks bc of the discomfort for me. But not everyone can go that long into pregnancy.
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock and sweet you roll
lost for you
I'm so lost for you
-Dave Matthews band

HisLadybug
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 11th, 2006

Postby HisLadybug » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Sorry for some reason my tired brain read that you were pregnant. So how did you postpartum checkup go? Are you healed? Maybe time for another appointment? That much pain at 6 months out doesn't seem right to me.
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock and sweet you roll
lost for you
I'm so lost for you
-Dave Matthews band

HisWarrior
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 2nd, 2002

Postby HisWarrior » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:29 am

Were you stitched up? How is the scar tissue doing?

I agree with finding other ways of having sex. Outercourse is good, too. (Hubby thrusts between your thighs or between labia without penetration).

In the meantime, see your Dr. and try using your fingers to stretch yourself out. You can massage your whole area inside and out to soften the tissue, too.

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:39 am

definitely get checked out with a doc. You may have scar tissue that hasn't healed right or is still healing. The doc can tell you that. It shouldn't hurt much or at all by this point (for us, in fact, it was just the opposite of your experience) You should be experiencing some dryness, but lube should help with that. Sounds like you have something more than just a dryness problem, though.

Let us know how it goes.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Hislittlefirecracker
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 26th, 2012

Postby Hislittlefirecracker » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:00 pm

I did have quite a few stitches, but my midwife said everything looked like it had healed up fine at my 6 week postpartum checkup. I really should just call her and see if she can give me any answers.

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 am

Hislittlefirecracker wrote:I did have quite a few stitches, but my midwife said everything looked like it had healed up fine at my 6 week postpartum checkup. I really should just call her and see if she can give me any answers.

she may have missed something. If she can't find anything after you return to her, you may want to get a second opinion from an OB/GYN if you're still experiencing pain.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Return to “Pregnancy and Postpartum”