Might be Pregnant

How do pregnancy and the first year after birth impact a couples sexuality?
little_sparrow
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 2nd, 2013

Re: Might be Pregnant

Postby little_sparrow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:35 am

Leah, I agree.

Job, thank you.

Ok, I took two different tests this morning... and they were both positive! One of them was the digital Clearblue test that said I was 1-2 weeks pregnant (which would be accurate), and the other was a dollar store test. I did the dollar store test first, and it looked like a negative, so I was really confused when the other test very clearly read "pregnant" on the screen. Then I went to take a picture with my phone of the dollar store test, and I realized that when I looked more closely at it (I didn't have my contacts in yet.) there actually was a very faint line there. It was even fainter than the previous day's Wal-mart test. My guess for that is because, unlike the dollar store test, the Wal-mart test is supposed to be for early response. On it's package, though, it actually stated that no matter how faint, two lines=positive.

Now, this might sound crazy, but I'm still unsure. The test at the clinic said that it was negative, but I got three separate positives on three different home tests on two different days. Is that because I tested in the morning and went to the clinic in the afternoon? It seems like I'm most likely pregnant?

wifeacacia
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 2003

Postby wifeacacia » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:05 am

Give it about 36 weeks and you'll know for sure. :wink:

little_sparrow
King bed

Postby little_sparrow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:47 am

wifeacacia wrote:Give it about 36 weeks and you'll know for sure. :wink:

I wasn't joking about being unsure.. :( I keep reading conflicting things. First I'll read that you can't get a false positive, but then I'll read that a faint positive might be a false positive. Next I'll read that you can get accurate results early on a home test, but then I will read that you can't really get an accurate result until a week after your missed period. Then I will be told that I haven't even missed my period yet when I believe that there's a chance that I have. Then I'll read that Wal-mart tests give a lot of false positives after I got a faint positive...

InGodsGrace
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1999

Postby InGodsGrace » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:20 am

Your urine is the most concentrated in the morning, which is the ideal time to take a pregnancy test. I'm going to say the clinics test was negative because it was in the afternoon.

little_sparrow
King bed

Postby little_sparrow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:48 am

InGodsGrace wrote:Your urine is the most concentrated in the morning, which is the ideal time to take a pregnancy test. I'm going to say the clinics test was negative because it was in the afternoon.

That's what I was thinking. I'm really not sure how I could get three positive tests and not be.. :D

InGodsGrace
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1999

Postby InGodsGrace » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:53 am

Exactly!! Congrats!! Feel free to be like me and take 20 tests. lol.

little_sparrow
King bed

Postby little_sparrow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:56 am

InGodsGrace wrote:Exactly!! Congrats!! Feel free to be like me and take 20 tests. lol.

Ha! I have a feeling that I will take more dollar store ones at least. :D Thank you!

poetess
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 8th, 2011

Postby poetess » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:31 am

Just have to laugh. Under "New posts" we have "Might be pregnant" followed underneath by a post entitled "How does it happen?"

Congratulations, little sparrow. May this be a real time of growth as a family, and sweet memories.
Marriage--what a wonderful image of Christ's love for His bride!

little_sparrow
King bed

Postby little_sparrow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:00 am

That's really funny , poetess! :D

Ok, I told me DH, and he is excited as well, but he does not want to tell any other family yet because he said, "We're not even sure if you're pregnant yet." Just after I decided that I am, I'm doubting again. I don't see how I couldn't be..I mean I might not be, but it seems like it..

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:26 am

Congratulations Little Sparrow!

I remember those days... (sigh :D ). Our practice was to not tell anyone for quite a while. I think it was at least three months before we said anything. No one could tell. We liked it that way. It was our secret, just us. It was special. 8)
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

little_sparrow
King bed

Postby little_sparrow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:35 am

Now that I have assured him that I am pregnant, he's fine if we tell family. He was just concerned that I was wrong about being pregnant. I've always wanted to tell people right away rather than waiting months, but that's just me. :D It's more special that way in our case in my opinion. :D

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Take your time sharing the news--especially if you have intrusive people around you.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

padsnd
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 2004

Postby padsnd » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:41 pm

poetess,

I like it when TMB's from across the pond(s) say they "fell pregnant." I always get the picture of a young girl trying to convince her parents that she tripped and fell and was pregnant when she stood up.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
padsnd

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:44 pm

You mean that's not how it happened?
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

padsnd
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 2004

Might be Pregnant

Postby padsnd » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:50 pm

I recall that one girl did have this happen, but she fell because an angel startled her. :)
padsnd

little_sparrow
King bed

Postby little_sparrow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:12 pm

If you all could please pray for my DH, I would really appreciate it. He doesn't understand how home pregnancy tests work, and for some reason he thinks that it's too early to be able to tell whether or not I'm pregnant even though I'm pretty sure I missed my period already and I got 4 positive pregnancy tests (I took another this evening, and it came out very clearly positive.) I tried to explain to him that it wasn't too early to tell, but he still didn't understand. Honestly, I think that he truly believes that it is too early and is afraid that I am wrong about it. I also think that he is concerned that if he believes that I am, it will turn out that I'm actually not. Bottom line, I just ask that you would pray that he understands that it's not too early to tell.

Thank you, and have a wonderful Easter. :D

BHF
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 22nd, 2011

Postby BHF » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:24 am

Congrats!

Your next step is setting up an appointment with your family doctor or OB/GYN. You know you're pregnant. so now it is up to you to make the best choices for your health and that of the baby. DH may choose to come or not to come. But you need to check if everything is okay with you and the baby. They're going to do some tests like the usual BP, check for UTIs, etc. It is very important to get prenatal care early.

You are also going to start nesting, giggle, good luck with that while living in those conditions!

From a fellow
Prego-saurus-Rex.
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy ...And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight" Phil 1:3,4,9

sd595
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 5th, 1996

Postby sd595 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:51 am

Praying for what you have asked!
Get out your bible and see what He says. Pray to Him right now and ask Him for His wisdom in the matter. He will not fail you if you put your faith and trust in Him.

little_sparrow
King bed

Postby little_sparrow » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Ok, so I made an appointment with my doctor, and they were actually able to get me in near the end of this week.

Unfortunately, my DH has some issues with everything. I expected him to be glad to find out that I was able to get in so quickly, but he said that he thinks that I should have waited to schedule the appointment until I knew for sure that I was pregnant... :shock: I told him that I do know because I've missed my period, gotten four positive results on home tests, and have been having symptoms. He said that I could be wrong and the tests could be a fluke. I explained that it's good to go when you find out, and that a lot of people go when they are at the point in the pregnancy that I am. He said that even if I was pregnant, there was nothing the doctors could do, and I told him that I respectfully disagreed. I said that if nothing else, she could confirm the pregnancy, recommend prenatal vitamins, and answer my questions. He said that I shouldn't need the vitamins because I could just eat fruit instead... (Um, not exactly..) He also said that they didn't have "those little vitamins" (his way of saying that they are stupid and useless) in Biblical times or in Africa, and those babies turned/turn out fine.. He ended by saying that doctors were just "money-grubbing thieves" and that most of them don't even care about their patients. I told him that I didn't think he could make that judgment, and he told me that I don't know about all of the news stories of horrible doctors..

I understand that this is all new to him and that he knows very, very little about pregnancy, but I don't know what to do about it. I was actually really disappointed that he didn't respect or trust anything that I was saying. Now I'm not sure what I am supposed to do. He said that he felt like I shouldn't go to the doctor until I missed two or three periods! :shock: I said that I would be in the second trimester at that point, but he said that there is nothing that a doctor can do before that anyway... I'm not sure why he thinks that or that I cannot know I am pregnant until I miss two or three periods...

I also mentioned doctors can catch potential issues with the pregnancy, but he said that there would be nothing they could do anyway, and that doctors cause more death than they do help. I understand that not all doctors are great, but I also believe that applies to all positions. Not all teachers, pastors, politicians, garbage men, CEOs, fast food workers, plumbers, nannys, waiters, dentists, lawyers, parents, chefs, midwives, vets, [insert any other title] are great either, but that doesn't make all of them bad. If I felt like my doctor wasn't the right fit, I would switch until I found the one who was.

(It was kind of difficult to have that conversation within the same 20 minutes that he basically told me that the Etsy business that I'm working on could never amount to anything but a hobby. He doesn't understand that while he thinks he knows a lot about how it works, he really doesn't know much about it at all. [It's the same thing with pregnancy.] It would be so helpful if he supported me in it and showed some confidence in me. I think that comes from him never having much confidence placed in him from his family growing up. That said, though, it's still hard when he feels that the things that are important to me aren't really that important. He believes that anything that is not brick-and-mortar-job-related in my life isn't really a real responsibility or a true priority. It's painful and sad, but there's not much I can do.

Anyway, I still feel like I ought to go to the appointment, but I don't know for sure because of his [I believe mostly incorrect] thoughts about it. Any thoughts?

Job29Man
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Choose a path Little Sparrow, and stay with it!

Postby Job29Man » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Well, please don't take this the wrong way Little Sparrow, but isn't your sail already set?
It seems that you have pretty well already decided that you are going to do whatever your husband says, and that you won't do anything he disagrees with, right?

So, in all candor I ask you, why are you asking this question? If we say "Go to see the doc now if you think that's best, and take your Pre-Natal vitamins over Hubby's protests." Or if we say "Here's what I'd say to him" would you actually do any of those things?

If your face is truly set towards only doing what he says, then we could only cause trouble by giving advice to you, right? I mean this very, very sincerely Little Sparrow... If you have decided to only do what he says, then I think you should not ask us or anyone for advice. It will be better just to obey him the first time. Be true to yourself. Choose your direction and then stick with it.

Are you always going to do whatever he says in the end? (I'm not ridiculing that. It is a very legitimate option.)
Or, are you going to stand up to him sometimes when he is acting against the best interests of himself, or the marriage, thus being a true "Helper Suitable" to him?
(And remember I'm NOT saying disobey, or show disrespect. Just stand up for what's right and hold a mirror to his face.)

Choose one or the other path and stick with it. Do it today! Stop vacillating between two opinions!

It's not fair to you, or to your husband to seek advice that you will disregard anyway but not before it exasperates you first. :(
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

Return to “Pregnancy and Postpartum”