How long after baby

How do pregnancy and the first year after birth impact a couples sexuality?
HisLadybug
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 11th, 2006

How long after baby

Postby HisLadybug » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:11 am

Hey guys, I'm 3 weeks postpartum here and with this delivery, I tore a bit. The doctor said it was a 1st degree, almost 2nd degree tear. She even gave me the option of not having stitches but told me it would heal faster if I had them. Because my insurance is changing October 1, I went back for my postpartum check yesterday and was told my stitches were healing nicely. I don't feel ready for IC yet since everything's still sore down there.

With my first birth I had an episiotomy and we weren't back to IC until 7 weeks, and even then it took several weeks for it to be comfortable.

Who here had a tear and found they could go back to sex sooner than 6-7 weeks? Due to preterm labor we haven't had IC since July.....with a brief respite right before my due date....
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock and sweet you roll
lost for you
I'm so lost for you
-Dave Matthews band

beautyfromashes
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 20th, 2004

Re: How long after baby

Postby beautyfromashes » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:38 am

The OB that delivered 3 of my 4 children always said we could resume sex as soon as I stopped bleeding and felt ready. For me, it was almost always 4 weeks before I stopped bleeding. With 2 of my babies, we resumed sex then. With the other 2, it was closer to 6 weeks because I had more extensive tearing.
Deep intimacy always requires work, acceptance, and forgiveness. Lots of it. ~~ Linda Dillow

C_Brown
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1984

Postby C_Brown » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:55 pm

We were told to wait 6 weeks, longer if she felt she needed more time to heal.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing -- Yvaine (in the movie Stardust)

dc9
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 21st, 2001

Postby dc9 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:53 am

You can resume sex/ic as soon as you feel ready. Usually you will be sufficiently healed then. Just go slow and use lots of lube.

MrsTexasQF
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 1st, 1988

Postby MrsTexasQF » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:54 am

I think we only waited as long as 4 or 5 weeks with one.... rough pregnancy, rough birth and I suddenly realized how long it had been. Go slow, lube.... but I rarely wanted to wait more than 2 to 3 weeks. Spotting doesnt count as bleeding. I usually tear a bit.... most babies were 10lbs. I learned to refuse stitching. I healed better and easier without.

young+sillydaddy
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 13th, 2009

Postby young+sillydaddy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:18 pm

DW had almost 2nd degree tearing also and it was 4-5 weeks before trying much. Remember if the woman is on top she can control how she wants IC. Otherwise it could be too painful for a couple more weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyJ
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 29th, 2004

Postby RandyJ » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:20 am

My DW was not ready to try until I think it was about week 13 or 14. When we did finally try she said it hurt to much and I had to stop. The next time she was willing to try was another 3 months later :( I think it was a lot in her head but there is nothing I could do about it.

MrsG
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 1st, 2014

Postby MrsG » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:52 pm

I had an episiotomy. It was my first baby so we were being careful and waited until my 6 week appointment. Sex really didn't hurt much at all and I think we could have tried at least a week earlier. Live and learn.

InGodsGrace
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1999

Postby InGodsGrace » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:12 pm

I only had c-sections. I waited until I was done bleeding, which want a lot due to have c-sections. Generally waited 4-5 weeks.

Return to “Pregnancy and Postpartum”