TTC for more than 6 years... :(

How do pregnancy and the first year after birth impact a couples sexuality?
GracefulAng
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 17th, 2010

TTC for more than 6 years... :(

Postby GracefulAng » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:13 am

I have TTC for so long, since our wedding... I have lost more than 7 stones [98 lbs. for those in the US] and my period cycle improved lots but still have PCOS. Last year I had a surprise bleed (before my period) and it was so painful, my doctor think it may be too early to call it miscarriage.

We are waiting for referral (My DH is still yet to be assessed). We feel frustrated. Please suggest us anything to help us get pregnant successfully... and we would like suggestion for a good book to read.

Thank you! :wave
GracefulAng

Paul ::luv2 Ang
Married since 10/7/2010

sunny-dee
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 21st, 2013

Re: TTC for more than 6 years... :(

Postby sunny-dee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:41 pm

I can't really help, but I can offer you some sympathy. I had a miscarriage last year at 11 weeks, and we have been "trying" to conceive for the past 15 months. I had a round of intra-uterine insemination a couple of weeks ago, and found out Friday that it didn't work. For me, I have no medical reason why I'm not pregnant. (I mean, I know it failed before because my husband wouldn't have sex with me more than once a month. :-/ But I don't know why the IUI failed. I had high hopes there.)

It takes a toll, and I can kind of imagine what you're going through -- but each grief is unique.

I am so sorry for this lost time, and I pray for you now. {hug}

GracefulAng
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 17th, 2010

Postby GracefulAng » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:37 pm

Thank you Sunny-dee. I'm so sorry for your miscarriage and failed IUI. Not easy time for us both. Sending you hugs and prayer for miracles x
GracefulAng

Paul ::luv2 Ang
Married since 10/7/2010

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:05 am

Ang,
My wife is a nurse and pretty read up on this stuff, and we have "a bit" of experience in it. We'll take a stab at answering the question. First a few questions for you.

Weight- You mentioned losing a lot of weight. Good on you! 8) What was your starting weight? How long did you take to lose it? And what is your height and weight today?

Sleep- How long does it take to fall asleep? How well do you sleep?

Stress- Do you have much stress in your life?

Activity- Do you have a job that keeps you on your feet all day? How much do you walk each day? Do you regularly do anything vigorous, or sports?

Age- How old are you?

Food- Do you tend to cook from scratch (including fresh frozen vegetables)? Or do you cook more from boxes and cans? How much of your diet is grain based; pasta, breads, crackers, cereals, baked products? How much sugar-based food; ice cream, candies, fruit, fruit juice (including orange juice), sodas?

Again, welcome back.

Job29Man
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:31 am

We can try to do everything, as Job's message suggests, but one thing he missed, sometimes (actually always) we should surrender our will to God's. I dealt with difficulty getting pregnant the first time around, I am awful at keeping any type of journal, but I did on the occasion at that time, so I have record of exactly when and what happened when I surrendered. I know what I was doing, I know how it came about, and I know what song became my own surrendering prayer. (Don't really need the journal for that, the journal told me the date it happened.) God if I never have kids...if I stand, let me stand on the promise, that You will pull me through, and if I can't, let me fall on the grace that first brought me to You....

Fast-forward a few years... I find the journal and I reread it. Some may chalk this up to coincidence, I know it was God, what I saw was, one year later, to the day, my firstborn son was born. It was not his due date, he was a week late, and he was the only one out of my four, who did not require some "assistance" (aka induced)...if I hadn't happened to journal my surrendering, I would have never known on this side of heaven, the significance of the date, but God gave me a gift on the anniversary of me truly surrendering my will in that area.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Return to “Pregnancy and Postpartum”