Osphena for Dryness, Painful Sex

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
Psalm33
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 3rd, 1998

Osphena for Dryness, Painful Sex

Postby Psalm33 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:43 pm

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Re: Osphena for Dryness, Painful Sex

Postby ledgemoor » Wed May 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi--

Since no actual users of this drug have replied, I'll share what little I know.

Vaginal atrophy is usually caused by low estrogen. DW had it after her hysterectomy/oophrectomy.

Looking at their web site, I see no reason to use it over estrogen. DW at first used Estrace, a topical estrogen that is not readily absorbed into the blood. It is expensive and does not solve the underlying problem of low systemic estrogen. She is now on bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, taking two kinds of estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone, in the form of a topical cream which is absorbed into the blood. We are having the best sex of our lives :D.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Psalm33
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 3rd, 1998

Re: Osphena for Dryness, Painful Sex

Postby Psalm33 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. DW has received a prescription for Osphena since I posted and will be getting it by mail for free via a coupon. It can take up to 12 weeks for it to reach the desired result, so I will post again when I have more info. In the meantime, I'll read up on BHRT, as well. Congratulations on the positive effects, btw!

Return to “Menopause”