Coming back from menopause???

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
librarian
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 2nd, 1971

Coming back from menopause???

Postby librarian » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:35 am

I've never heard of this, so maybe someone can enlighten us. My DW, age 60, who went through menopause 7-8 years ago, is experiencing periods again! What gives?

Last night, after a particularly enjoyable LM session, DW came back to bed and said, "Well, you did it. You've pushed me into a full-blown period." We talked for a bit and she told me that a couple of times during the past month and a half, she had experienced very light discharge ("pinkish" was her term), "almost like my body was trying to have a period." Prior to last night, she had back pains, like she used to get when experiencing her periods. And then, after LMing last night, a full discharge. :?: :?: :?:

Are there cases of women coming back from menopause after several years? I'm kind of floored by this turn of events.
I was sleeping the other night, alone, thanks to the exterminator. - Emo Phillips

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Re: Coming back from menopause???

Postby Leah » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:07 am

It is time for a visit to the doctor. It could be nothing, but it could also be a symptom. Please make an appointment right away.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

librarian
Under the stars

Postby librarian » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 am

Leah in Mid-South wrote:It is time for a visit to the doctor. It could be nothing, but it could also be a symptom. Please make an appointment right away.

That's what I said. Her reply was, "Dr. M will be all over me at my next check-up." :roll:
I was sleeping the other night, alone, thanks to the exterminator. - Emo Phillips

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:33 am

librarian wrote:
Leah in Mid-South wrote:It is time for a visit to the doctor. It could be nothing, but it could also be a symptom. Please make an appointment right away.

That's what I said. Her reply was, "Dr. M will be all over me at my next check-up." :roll:

Unless the check up is fairly soon, I don't think I would wait. I had a similar experience at the end of last year. I mentioned it to my primary care physician and he wanted me in to the gyn pronto. Like the next week. It's not that it *is* serious. It *can* be, and it's not something to mess around with. Bottom line: There should be no post-menopausal bleeding.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

Gemma
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 14th, 1981

Postby Gemma » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:28 am

Agreeing with Leah. Get her to the doctor NOW. Better to be safe than sorry.
Gemma~ refuser for 25yrs, awakened since Dec 2006!
passionwithinmarriage.blogspot.com

There'll be no locks or bolts between us, Mary Kate... except those in your own mercenary little heart! (Thornton in The Quiet Man)

librarian
Under the stars

Postby librarian » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 am

Gemma wrote:Agreeing with Leah. Get her to the doctor NOW. Better to be safe than sorry.

Just talked with her again. Her normal doctor visit is in about 2 months, and when I said I was extremely concerned, she responded, "I know what it feels like. I've experienced it many, many times."

Argh!!! I'm gonna have to do some heavy-duty naggin' this week. :hb:

beautyfromashes
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 20th, 2004

Postby beautyfromashes » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:08 am

Maybe show her this?

Postmenopausal Bleeding
Deep intimacy always requires work, acceptance, and forgiveness. Lots of it. ~~ Linda Dillow

librarian
Under the stars

Postby librarian » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:09 pm

beautyfromashes wrote:Maybe show her this?

Postmenopausal Bleeding

Thank you - am making her sit down to read it now.

----------------------------

(a couple of hours later) - thank you for the article - she is going to make an appointment to see her doctor this week.

Gemma
Under the stars

Postby Gemma » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:13 am

And after reading it she said ------?

There'll be no locks or bolts between us, Mary Kate... except those in your own mercenary little heart! (Thornton in The Quiet Man)

librarian
Under the stars

Postby librarian » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:54 am

Gemma wrote:And after reading it she said ------?

Grudgingly, she agreed to make an appointment with our doctor, after the bleeding lets up. And it has, already, so I'm going to make her go, either tomorrow or Friday.

Gemma
Under the stars

Postby Gemma » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:20 am

Good for you. Stick to your guns.

librarian
Under the stars

Postby librarian » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:46 pm

An update - all is well. She had ultrasound (didn't know that the wand was inserted :shock: ) and pap smear, plus a biopsy. According to her obgyn, nothing is wrong, and all is well. The doctor told her that sometimes the uterine wall is thin and will bleed, and that it is nothing to worry about.

* whew *

I did make DW ask her obgyn about ben wa's and jade eggs, and the doctor told her that it couldn't hurt and might help, so that looks like that is in the cards for DW. (This is a woman who is adamant about "aids", so this is progress.)

Anyway, thank you for your concern, advice and prayers. Glad and relieved we got a positive report.

Exuberance
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 2009

Postby Exuberance » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:48 pm

::clap So glad everything is well!

Return to “Menopause”