Now maybe a hysterectomy ?

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
beekeeper
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 12th, 1981

Re: Now maybe a hysterectomy ?

Postby beekeeper » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 am

Apparently the GYN was expecting the cramping/bleeding to lessen after the first 10-day protocol with the medroxyprogesterone. It did not, the cramping has continued, off and on.

She has been doing the 800mg of iburprofen 3X daily, plus vicodine when the cramping is worse.

The GYN office notified us that the hospital's Nurse-Managers [who now regulate health-care] have approved for her to have a Laparoscopic procedure to do a hysterectomy on the 24th. We go in this week to discuss what all the GYN will be allowed to remove.

beekeeper
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 12th, 1981

Postby beekeeper » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 am

Today is the procedure.

All by laparoscopy. To remove both ovaries and the uterus. They are hoping the surgery will last 3-1/2 hours. The GYN does not expect to be able to remove the fibrous mass in the uterus using laparoscopy alone. They want to do some other thing to get it to 'flow' out through the cervix.

Keeping in mind that when she gave birth, they induced labor for two days and were never able to force the cervix to dilate. We [my wife and I] seriously doubt that they will be able to get her cervix to open now to allow the fibrous mass and uterus to flow out.

So if they can not; then they will be forced to cut her open and do a more traditional surgery to remove her uterus. They say at this point there is no reason to remove the cervix. So they will likely leave it in place. If they do resort to the regular surgery after attempting with laparoscopy, then we are to expect an overnight stay in hospital.

I dropped her off at the hospital, she has been insisting that I come home and wait here for news from the nurses.

Deelmo
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 8th, 1979

Postby Deelmo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:47 am

Praying for you and your DW's health. I hope she feels better afterwards and has a fast recovery.
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least, 10 being the greatest) are you normal? I am a 1. And who's scale am I using? My wife's, of course!

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:24 am

If she isn't there already, please enourage your wife to visit hystersisters.com. It has articles and forums that I found very helpful during my hysterectomy experience.

Also, there is a companion site, misterhystersisters.com, with information for men on what to expect and what their wives need during recovery.

Sent using Tapatalk
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

Return to “Menopause”