Trouble reaching the finish line

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
blushingbride2
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 21st, 2010

Trouble reaching the finish line

Postby blushingbride2 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 am

I haven't had a period in over 6 months, my doctor thinks I'm menopausal. Some things have changed and I'm wondering if this is permanent. My sex drive is still very strong. I have always had high testosterone levels due to PCOS, but I am having a hard time reaching orgasm. I used to have multiple, now it requires great effort to eek out one. This couldn't come at a worse time, my husband is on testosterone therapy and he is actually in the mood often. I have been dreaming and hoping this day would come, but now I can't really enjoy it! I also have a hard time getting aroused physically. It's like my mind is willing, but my body is not cooperating. I need to buy stock in lube! Is this normal and is there anything I can do about it? At the moment, at my doctors request, I'm still taking birth control pills. He said I can't depend on not having an accidental pregnancy until I've not had a period for 12 consecutive months.

Dgenerous
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 19th, 2005

Re: Trouble reaching the finish line

Postby Dgenerous » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 am

Oh, my goodness hi!

I have no advice since I'm not at that phase of life yet, but just wanted to say hello.
I have found the one whom my soul loves.

Dgenerous
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 19th, 2005

Postby Dgenerous » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 am

I actually just reread my very first thread recently and wondered how you were doing.
I have found the one whom my soul loves.

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Postby OldMarriedLady » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:31 am

Have you been on birth control pills for a long time, or did the doctor just put you on them recently? When was the last time you had your testosterone level checked? It's possible it may have dropped due to the menopause.
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

Return to “Menopause”