All Natural Lubrication

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
pilgrim1
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 22nd, 1986

All Natural Lubrication

Postby pilgrim1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:57 am

My DW has been noticing the changes in her vaginal lubrication now that she is approaching menopause. We have always used natural oils for lubrication, yet her discomfort levels increased. Doing some research I discovered a brand of natural lube that contained sunflower oil, sweet almond oil, shea oil and cocoa bean oil. It is fairly pricey so I decided to purchase cocoa bean oil to add to coconut and sunflower oils. WOW! Not only does the lube last a long time, it really stimulates my DW well and has eliminated the discomfort for her. As an added bonus it really feels good on me too! The mixture is safe for silicone vibrators and it has excellent glide properties. :P

belovedalways
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 20th, 1981

Re: All Natural Lubrication

Postby belovedalways » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:46 am

Are you just using equal parts of all of the oils?
A kiss is the upper persuasion for a lower invasion.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:06 am

I was picking up our usual standard Astroglide and noticed that Astroglide now has a natural lube. I didn't take time to read the label however. Is that where you got your formula?

FYI DW is postmenopausal and has no ovaries. She is on BIoidentical hormone replacement therapy and gets as deliciously wet as she ever was.

We rarely use artificial lube. Our old bottle got old and brittle and developed a crack and leaked all over our drawer. I transferred the new batch to a better bottle :-)
Last edited by ledgemoor on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Blovesme
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 6th, 2011

Postby Blovesme » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:28 am

Cool! Thanks for the tip! We use coconut oil when needed but your blend sounds great!

pilgrim1
Queen bed

Postby pilgrim1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:13 pm

The brand of Natural Lube is called Yes. They have one made of oils and one made of water soluble ingredients. It was the oil based one from which I got the ingredients listing. As to proportions I decided to experiment since I did not know how much liquid Cocoa Bean Oil would result from melting it down. (I used a metal bowl over a small pot of boiling water to melt the Cocoa Bean Oil which comes in as a solid ). Once I melted the Cocoa Bean oil I added it to a small glass mustard sized jar half filled with sunflower oil. Then I added a couple of tablespoons of Coconut Oil to the warm mixture and let it melt in. To make the mixture liquid when we want to use it I heat it in a bowl of water which sits on an electric coffee mug warmer. It does not go completely hard when cooled off so you can use it as a hand moisturizer too. You can experiment with your own proportions of ingredients to suit your preferences.

pilgrim1
Queen bed

Postby pilgrim1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Here is the product I bought. I keep it frozen and then cut off some chunks to melt as needed.

http://www.amazon.com/Coastal-Scents-Co ... coa+butter

Return to “Menopause”