HELP - This Menopause thing was not in the Brochure!

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
desperado
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 13th, 1991

HELP - This Menopause thing was not in the Brochure!

Postby desperado » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:52 pm

My DW is having a TERRIBLE time with Menopause, she is 51 and she is moody, irritable, bloated, gaining weight, lacking energy, depressed, anxious, sleepless and fatigued and has absolutely NO SEX DRIVE.....she is angry and mean and blaming me for everything. We have a lot of stress in the family with money problems and a medically fragile child and her doctor told her she is experiencing PTSD so she is taking some meds and going to talk therapy, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

How can I get her to look at the biological changes in her hormones that could be exacerbating all of these things?
How can I get her to realize that her craziness and symptoms are not just hurting her but killing our marriage.

Would appreciate any constructive ideas, things are getting worse!

Desperado

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Re: HELP - This Menopause thing was not in the Brochure!

Postby Leah » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:43 am

Her OB/GYN is telling her that?
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

desperado
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 13th, 1991

Postby desperado » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:22 am

No, She doesn't have an OB/GYN......she goes to a Primary Care Doc who she has been seeing for 12 years.
Maybe she can get a referral.

hisadored
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 10th, 1977

Postby hisadored » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:24 pm

All the symptoms that you mentioned can be related to a low level of estrogen. Before I started hormone replacement, I could only sleep for 1-2 hours a night before waking up--and then I couldn't go back to sleep. (If I did sleep all night, it was a very light sleep and I woke up feeling exhausted.) I had short-term memory loss, anxiousness and panic attacks, depression and loss of lubrication all over my body (eyes, skin, genital). I highly recommend that she see a gynecologist. For some people, estrogen can make a world of difference!

Return to “Menopause”