Could my DW be entering menopause?

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
ShaunTheSalvo
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 25th, 2001

Could my DW be entering menopause?

Postby ShaunTheSalvo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:52 am

Hi everyone!
It's been a while, a long while. I hope and pray you are all doing well. Hoping to get back into the forums again after a far-too-long hiatus.

I'm wondering if DW might possibly be going into menopause, or if there is something else going on. Her periods have been irregular lately, and much more frequent (I'm talking in the last couple months). She has had her period three times in just over a month, only about two weeks apart, and lasting about 6 days. She has her period right now, and it is heavier than normal for her (she normally only needs tampons, but lately had to use a pad for the first time in ages). She is nearly 44. She is in very good health otherwise.

Any ideas? Blessings to all.

poetess
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 8th, 2011

Re: Could my DW be entering menopause?

Postby poetess » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:06 am

Sounds like perimenopause (the years leading up to menopause) to me. If she hasn't seen a gyn lately, it would be a good time to get checked out.
Marriage--what a wonderful image of Christ's love for His bride!

Vanna
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 20th, 1994

Re: Could my DW be entering menopause?

Postby Vanna » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 am

^^^ yep, most likely the early stages, it's a pain in the butt dealing with all the new stuff she'll get to experience. I wish it just made a nice, gradual decline into a tidy end, but it doesn't appear to do that for myself or a number of gals. Mine started hiccuping around 38 with heart palpations, hot flashes, and anxiety like random IEDs. No two women have identical experiences, so she may have some symptoms and not others.

Now my cycle, which used to be reassuringly clockwork, follows no calendar and I skip, spot, or flood at the whim of cantankerous hormonal flux. There are places in my month where I have so little energy I'd swear I was first trimester pregnant- but I'm not. Yay. I'm praying for a short and merciful transition. There are days I wonder what God was thinking when He designed women, because there are upgrades I'd gladly sign up for. Lol.
After 28 years and six kids, through the good and bad, by the grace of God, things keep getting better and better. ::wed

Return to “Menopause”