Perimenopuse- riding the crazy train!

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
bigloop
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 20th, 1993

Perimenopuse- riding the crazy train!

Postby bigloop » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:19 am

I'm trying to keep a sense of humor here. So I'm hoping some of you guys have some humorous stories that you can share that may make this ride a little more enjoyable. Please.....

bigloop
Hammock

Re: Perimenopuse- riding the crazy train!

Postby bigloop » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:58 am

...nothing funny about it huh? ...that's what I figured... ::cb

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:23 am

bigloop wrote:So I'm hoping some of you guys have some humorous stories that you can share that may make this ride a little more enjoyable. Please.....

Dude, why should you get to enjoy it while she's the one going through all the weirdness? You just catch the fallout, but she has to live in the body that is changing.

I spent most of my 40's with fairly even hormones as a result of various gynecological procedures. My estrogen levels dropped, but then they were fairly consistent. I greatly enjoyed not having the hormonal mood swings I'd lived with for so many years. During the past year, I've begun to experience increasing symptoms of fluctuating hormones. It is not fun. I walk around with parts of me that feel sore, weird hairs that sprout overnight in embarrassing places on my face, a body that no longer feels like the one I've gotten to know, and a weakening pelvic floor that makes me feel betrayed by my body. It seriously sucks, and I shouldn't have to experience the suckiness alone. :evil: Harumph.

(Okay, I just might have been projecting a little bit here. :))
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:08 pm

I haven't hit it yet, but my sister went out and bought a remote controlled fan so she could turn it off and on in the night as needed. :D
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

bigloop
Hammock

Postby bigloop » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:46 pm

seeking perspective wrote:
Dude, why should you get to enjoy it while she's the one going through all the weirdness? ....I shouldn't have to experience the suckiness alone. :evil: Harumph.

(Okay, I just might have been projecting a little bit here. :))

Well, I guess I really didn't expect any sympathy from the does in the herd....

:-)

I spent the better part of the last couple weeks with a woman that seemed to want to carve my liver rather than cuddle. Then a couple mornings ago, I'm lying quietly on the bed, minding my own business, when she literally ran from the bathroom butt naked and hurled herself on top of me. I was .... surprised.

Knife came back out by that evening...

StrawberryBlonde
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 19th, 1988

Postby StrawberryBlonde » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:20 pm

Sounds about right.

There were times when I feared I was losing my mind, seriously. I posted a particular scripture verse where I would see it often, to remind me that I wasn't going crazy. (Fact before feeling.) I had frequent periods of unexplained wrath or crying, pea soup brain fog, and/or crazy fear. The worst of it lasted for a couple of years, and sorry, but there was nothing at all funny about it. I'm just very grateful that my husband stuck with me through it all.

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:26 pm

The wives don't find anything funny, and the husband's are too scared to say anything because of the wives. :wink:

I am going to start praying now that God will help me find laughter in it... I will add that right behind asking Him to keep most symptoms away!
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Postby Hiswifeagain » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:35 pm

My experience was similar to SB before bHRT. Progesterone has been so helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Postby doug-h » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:31 am

SeekingChange wrote:I haven't hit it yet, but my sister went out and bought a remote controlled fan so she could turn it off and on in the night as needed. :D

I am DW's remote control for the ceiling fan.

Return to “Menopause”