Induced Menopause

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
Earl
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 11th, 1987

Induced Menopause

Postby Earl » Tue May 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Does anyone have experience with drug induced menopause? That may be in DW's future, but we haven't been able to learn that much from Dr. Google. She (DW, not Dr. Google) has endometriosis, but BC has kept that fairly well in check. She was taken off BC 6 months ago when she had a leg to pulmonary blood clot :( . She just got off Coumadin today :D but won't go back on BC due to the added clotting risk. Since getting off BC 6 mo. ago, she has had lots of ups/down with her cycles, but not much that is really endo-specific (way painful periods,...). At her last gyno visit, one option mentioned was to induce menopause if the endo &/or her cycles got worse. Lupron Depot seems to be a way to induce with the typical menopause side effects. At least you can discontinue if the side-effects become too much. Any experience or words of wisdom?

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: Induced Menopause

Postby SeekingChange » Tue May 24, 2016 6:14 pm

I had a sister go through it. I don't know details, but I don't think it did much good for her. I don't remember her complaining of symptoms like I have heard women going through perimenopause.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

mom210
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 2nd, 1978

Re: Induced Menopause

Postby mom210 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:41 pm

My daughter had this done for endometriosis and it worked for a little bit. She took a lupron shot once a month for six months...they were very painful. She eventually had a hysterectomy.

Return to “Menopause”